Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boiler68
    replied
    Post Office over 50's Plan is a decent one. Hubby has 2 and is eligible to take a third as Terry said but I think if I remember rightly you have to have had the the first 2 before a qualifying date ...

Leave a comment:

• Terry
    replied
    Hi twinkle,

I do not think that there's nothing stopping you having three of them type policies or putting more money in. I think that all of them won't pay out for a year but check it out.

Love Terry

Leave a comment:

• Twinkle
    replied
    That's a good affordable amount Barry, thanks for leaving a post, I was thinking of have to pay £100 + monthly. I'll look into it tomorrow.
    Thanks all for your replies. X

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Like Chris said you can get cover and I took out a policy with Legal and General and the online form did not require a declaration of health. Admittedly it was only a small value policy for £7000 but after you have made 12 monthly payments the policy will pay out.

At £30 per month it’s a no brainer.

Barry

Leave a comment:

• raymond
    replied
    Hi Twinkle
    I just had a very small policy with the Post Office . An over fifties plan that I had a while, and every year they sent me a letter to try and make me take another out with them. So this year I phoned them and told them that I had been diagnosed with MND and to my surprise they said it didn't matter as they didn't want a medical report
    I have to wait a year before anyone can make a claim on it

It doesn't amount to a lot but it will cover a funeral and that's what I wanted , as I have spent a lot of my savings on alterations in the house and I don't know if I will be eligible for carers as I have a partner who works.

Love Chris

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    I'm no expert Twinkle, but I doubt anyone would offer a new life insurance policy to a person with ALS/MND.

You could ask a reputable Independent Financial Advisor.

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• Twinkle
    started a topic Life Insurance With MND

Life Insurance With MND

Is it possible to buy life insurance straight after a diagnosis?
    Does anyone know any good companies?
Working...
X