No announcement yet.

employment and support allowance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With your NI stamp you should have enought to qualify, it will just be on your income via a means test. From my understanding, they can't force you to take a pension, however they may consider it as deprevation of income if you're choosing to not access a source of income.

CT benefit is means tested, however if you qualify to ESA and get an I/S top up of at least 1p you'll get full CT Benefit. If ESA only, you may get a reduction. You should be getting Single Persons Discount if it's just you and your son in property.

Have a chat with your local council as they tend to have a benefits advice team who will walk you through this.

Comment

Originally posted by G60dubber View Post

CT benefit is means tested, however if you qualify to ESA and get an I/S top up of at least 1p you'll get full CT Benefit. If ESA only, you may get a reduction.
      many thanks G60 but think am i missing something , i thought ESA was I/S ( is I/S incapacity support ? ) so im struggling to understand how you can get ESA only.

its been a long day mate sorry.
      aarrrggghhhh !!

Comment

Hi Chris, Z3 Driver

I think G60 means if your partner doesn't have an income then you can claim Income Support along side ESA to top it up for a couple, if you get 1p of Income support you will get C/T benefit. We couldn't get the income support bit so that is why they just based Micks ESA soley on what NI he contributed. Once our rennovtions had been done ie: wet room and through floor lift, we were however able to claim a disability reduction on the CT. But because I still work from home we had to contribute to the rennovations, if however we had qualified for the I/S we wouldn't of had to. Its all a bit swings and roundabouts we kept getting told that unfortunately we are in the trapped bracket as, we have no savings now,but I still work from home to look after Mick (no carers allowance as work 30 hours but full time carer ?) and pay the mortgage or we couldn't survive . Don't give up Chris you apply I'm sure you should get it. Told Mick about the pension but he doesn't want to ask if hes only 12months left can't blame him xxx Ang
        Last edited by angnmick; 30 June 2011, 23:00. Reason: added someone

Comment

Working...
        X