This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scrap 6 Months campaign victory!

After three years of campaigning, we are pleased to announce that the Government has listened to the voices of terminally ill people and is set to scrap the unfair six month rule, which barred many terminally ill people from fast track access to benefits.

This is a really positive step which, we believe, will mean that the majority of people with MND who are entitled to benefits will be able to access them using the Special Rules for Terminal Illness. This speeds up the process considerably, and reduces the amount of form filling and meetings people are subjected to.

You can read more on our website below:

https://www.mndassociation.org/scrap...paign-victory/
    Our working hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am until 5pm

What amazing news such a huge difference to all of us living with MND....Congratulations to all who campaigned for thisπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
    Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Yes! Thats better news than England reaching the final ! How anyone could have justified it in the first place is beyond me. Its disgusting it took so long but lets keep smiling and press forward.

Comment

Fantastic news. Thank you for update us admin, Lynne
        ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

That’s fantastic news πŸ‘πŸ‘ I wish it was the same for home adaptations πŸ₯Ί
          Janette x

Comment

Finally a win for the forgotten few πŸ˜‰πŸ˜˜πŸ˜€πŸ€—xx
            Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Working...
            X