Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barry52
    replied
    Thanks Kayleigh for posting the useful link to Jet2 assistance.

Barry x

Leave a comment:

• Kayleigh
    replied
    Hello Barry,

Your holiday sounds great and good to hear that everything went smoothly with Jet2.

I hope you and your lovely wife have a wonderful time in sunny Menorca and your return journey goes well.

Love and best wishes,
    Kayleigh x

P.S Just in case anyone is interested in finding out more about Jet2, I've provided a link to their 'Mobility Assistance' webpage, below:-
    http://https://www.jet2.com/faqs?topic=medical-and-special-assistance&category=mobility-assistance

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveMaitland View Post
    That sounds very good service Barry.

May I ask - did you take any form of wheelchair or scooter?

Dave
    Hi Dave,

I only took my walker but someone had a scooter which was packed in the hold. Strangely the scooter arrived before my walker.

Best wishes,
    Barry

Leave a comment:

• Gillette
    replied
    Hi Barry,

Thank you for sharing your experience so far with Jet2.

I would like to have a holiday but don't know if I feel brave enough to attempt one.

Leave a comment:

• Sheila
    replied
    Hello Barry,
    I hope you have a lovely holiday, enjoy yourself.
    Sheila

Leave a comment:

• DaveMaitland
    replied
    That sounds very good service Barry.

May I ask - did you take any form of wheelchair or scooter?

Dave

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    started a topic The best airline

The best airline

Hi all,

I hope everyone is doing the best they can.

As we have previously discussed travel with MND I thought I would relate my recent experience. We are currently in Menorca which is a bearable 2 hour flight and the temperature of 28C is suiting my spasticity.

I can’t recommend Jet2 highly enough as they organised our flights and hotel. My only criticism is that you can’t book assistance on the website so having little speech my wife called them. At the airport both ends Jet2 have plenty of staff to ease your journey and we were fast tracked through check in and security.

There was a minor hiccup in Menorca when the private transfer I had booked turned out to be a small coach for just us two. As there were 4 steps within the bus we refused to get on so they very quickly transferred us to a local taxi with the promise to avoid the incident on the return.

My challenge today was to get into the pool and the effect of being in water is so therapeutic. Getting out was harder as I had to haul myself up the ladder but it was worth it.
    Our hotel is accessible and they even offer scooter hire.

Best wishes,
    Barry
Working...
X