Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• podgeuk
    replied
    Hi Lynne, Yes I purchased an Adapt motorised peddling machine. I just sit on any chair and it works my legs without me having to strain. I do approx 2 kilometres a day.
    regards,
    Steve

Leave a comment:

• podgeuk
    replied
    Well my neighbour thought I should update my scooter to warn everyone about my driving ability. She has also put my adventure on the local Facebook page.
    I also went back to the Co-op and purchased a tub of the sweets I knocked over and put it in the charity trolley.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

Leave a comment:

• Olicana
    replied
    Hi you ‘exercise’ bikers; look up The Conquerer Virtual challenges on line ; routes in UK & 4 continents. Costs £23 +/- to join but you get virtual post cards, street views & position on map. Just done Landsend John o Groats on static , adds a bit of interest!

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Steve, I have a motorised peddling device that can be used while you sit on either a straight backed dining chair or your favourite arm chair. I sit on my rise and recliner chair to use it. They are available on Amazon but I found it a bit cheaper elsewhere.

About your scooter. It’s a shame that you’ve changed your mind about the pavement one. Can you afford to negotiate an exchange with the dealership that you bought it from. Good luck. Lynne

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied
    Thank you so sharing for this Steve and taking photos as I'm sure you wanted to make a hasty retreat. It made me really laugh too .

I've had plenty of mishaps on mine but I usually try and make a fast getaway !

Love Debbie x

Leave a comment:

• Suefromwakey
    replied
    Podge that made me laugh............I don't trust my husband on his!! - and he uses co-op!

Sue

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    podgeuk 🤣🤣🤣

That has made to laugh out loud, Steve (or rather, bray like a donkey!)
    Well, the tubs are called Haribo FUN so you just did as invited 😉 Be grateful it wasn't a red wine display.

I know you're wearing a giant grin under your mask. Were the staff nice about it?

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• GaryM
    replied
    I think I'll try to grow disabled disgracefully.

Leave a comment:

• GaryM
    replied
    Best laugh I've had today, Steve. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• podgeuk
    replied
    Hi all,
    I’m not that good with my scooter but, I decided to do some shopping at my local C0-OP. But all of a sudden, the scooter leapt forward and this is the result.

Kind regards,
    Steve

This gallery has 2 photos.

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Originally posted by podgeuk View Post
    Hi Barry, I have looked at similar recumbent exercise bikes and have found them impossible to get on and off. I’m going to try a Motorised Pedal Exerciser. I’ll let you know what It’s like.
    Steve

I’m sorry to hear that you can’t use the recumbent exercise bike Steve and I know what you mean. I have to hold on with both hands to mount and dismount.

Barry

Leave a comment:

• podgeuk
    replied
    Hi Barry, I have looked at similar recumbent exercise bikes and have found them impossible to get on and off. I’m going to try a Motorised Pedal Exerciser. I’ll let you know what It’s like.
    Steve

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Wow Barry, it looks the business - all that's missing is your Yellow Jersey 😄

Well done Mrs B!

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Originally posted by podgeuk View Post
    Hi Ellie,
    Sorry I haven’t got back to you sooner, but I’ve been a bit busy of late. Well the mobility scooter has given me the chance to get out, but always with someone with me. I don’t know if its just the foot paths where I live but the scooter bangs and knocks and sometimes, I feel a little unsure. Perhaps I need pneumatic tyres. I wish now I had purchased a scooter suitable for road use. Still I shouldn’t complain.
    Anyone have a suggestion for an exercise bike, such as recumbent type?

Steve
    Hi Steve,

I bought a recumbent exercise bike soon after lockdown and it has been good in that it relieves my spasticity. It is called a NordicTrack GX4.7R. It is very sturdy and comes flat packed so I had to get my wife to assemble it. I used it to complete my Mission 5000 challenge for MNDA.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• podgeuk
    replied
    Hi Ellie,
    Sorry I haven’t got back to you sooner, but I’ve been a bit busy of late. Well the mobility scooter has given me the chance to get out, but always with someone with me. I don’t know if its just the foot paths where I live but the scooter bangs and knocks and sometimes, I feel a little unsure. Perhaps I need pneumatic tyres. I wish now I had purchased a scooter suitable for road use. Still I shouldn’t complain.
    Anyone have a suggestion for an exercise bike, such as recumbent type?

Steve

Leave a comment:

Working...
X