Motability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motability

Hi hope someone can help, did I read on here sometime back that there was an age limit of 65 for a driver? My other half, my only carer is around 71 but we need an adapted vehicle. Thanks Janette x
    Janette x

Hi Nettie,

Found this on the Motability website... You can join Motability if you are aged 65 and over and you receive one of the following allowances:
    • Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
    • Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
    • War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
    • Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
    You must have at least 12 months remaining on your allowance when you join the Scheme. Unfortunately, the Attendance Allowance cannot be used to lease a car through the Motability Scheme. There's an eligibility checker you can use at: https://www.motability.co.uk/about/c...r-eligibility/

I can see restrictions on the age of the driver (if under 25 and 21) but nothing about an upper age limit. I'm 65 and I do receive PIP (including the enhanced rate mobility component) so this is something I'm actively exploring. Hope this helps.

Peter

Comment

Thank you will look into it, I too get the enhanced rate of PIP. Janette x
      Janette x

Comment

Working...
      X