X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
    You have just joined the club my dear. ๐Ÿ˜
    Yeah, kinda though I would...

โ€‹Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

โ€‹

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
      Beemer Stupid question... is it a wet cell different to a wet room because of the "waterproof floor"? (My shower tray is set under the tiles, which have a very slight slope to ensure the water flows into the drain)
      Wet cell or wet room? Not sure if there is a difference really Ellie, spose it could be called either. The flooring they have fitted is like a one piece non slip lino, covering the whole bathroom floor. A shower curtain is fitted but Clark and Partners are coming back to fit a small screen to stop shower water running towards the bathroom door.
      Diagnosed 2nd Jan 2020
      Both arms/shoulders affected, left worse than right.
      Progressive Muscular Atrophy suspected

Comment

Originally posted by Beemer View Post

Wet cell or wet room? Not sure if there is a difference really Ellie, spose it could be called either. The flooring they have fitted is like a one piece non slip lino, covering the whole bathroom floor. A shower curtain is fitted but Clark and Partners are coming back to fit a small screen to stop shower water running towards the bathroom door.
        Hopefully before laying the flooring they installed a slopping tray to drain water away otherwise daily mopping will become a bit of a chore.We too have a screen fitted. Iโ€™m sure you will thought about making sure they fit the screen taking into account any future changes with you needs eg. using a tilt in space shower chair that requires more room to manoeuvre.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowler View Post

Hopefully before laying the flooring they installed a slopping tray to drain water away otherwise daily mopping will become a bit of a chore.We too have a screen fitted. Iโ€™m sure you will thought about making sure they fit the screen taking into account any future changes with you needs eg. using a tilt in space shower chair that requires more room to manoeuvre.
          A sloping tray was fitted under the membrane, but if the curtain is not placed correctly, we got an occasional water run towards the door. We have been told that the screen can be removed quite easily if required. We have already tried a wheeled shower chair, but it was too high and bulky, so it was changed for a shower stool. We have been informed that a fitted tilt in space chair can be added at a later date if required.
          Diagnosed 2nd Jan 2020

Comment

Beemer I love a bit of forward planning โœ…

Comment

Beemer If you haven't got one already, buy a squeegee for the floor - a good window one on a broom handle will do but I spashed out and bought a floor one ๐Ÿค‘ A few quick passes with it and the floor is driza bone ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I don't have a screen or a curtain, but I am showered by a carer.

โ€‹

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
                Beemer If you haven't got one already, buy a squeegee for the floor - a good window one on a broom handle will do but I spashed out and bought a floor one ๐Ÿค‘ A few quick passes with it and the floor is driza bone ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I don't have a screen or a curtain, but I am showered by a carer.
                Er indoors is on it like a car bonnet she already has one, albeit without the broom handle, but she knows better.
                Diagnosed 2nd Jan 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Beemer View Post

Er indoors is on it like a car bonnet she already has one, albeit without the broom handle, but she knows better.
                  I use a Karcher window vac on the walls, floor and screen.

Comment

Housing issues and grants are a nightmare.I didnโ€™t qualify and live in an old semi(private) but it has a large bathroom.I bought a stairlift second hand initially and then bought a refurbished through floor lift(half price of a new one).We had to pay for bathroom to be adapted..so have a bio bidet toilet(wash and dry system) low level sink and shower and chair.Non slip floor and tray beneath floor tilts slightly to drain water away .We did it with the future in mind in case I need a hoist or different shower chair.I donโ€™t need a shower screen and my hubby uses a cleaner on a stick that others mentioned to make it almost dry after used.
                    Without spending savings on this I would have had to sleep downstairs and have no access to shower.The downstairs loo is too small to wheel a chair in.
                    I did get funding from MND association for the bio bidet and shower chair(thatโ€™s an ongoing saga as to date I have tried 2 shower chairs and neither fit over bio bidet to enable it to function)Again thinking ahead as currently I can get on and off it ok.Itโ€™s a battle to find out sometimes how systems work.
                    Originally I was fed up as thought I would have to sleep downstairs but with these adaptions for now I can sleep in usual bed.Best wishes and hope you get some funding.Mary

Comment

Had the council reply to me today saying if I was to quit my job id more than likely get the disability grant. Not 100% but more than likely ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚How is that helping anyone by me quitting my job. How is me becoming unemployed and relying on government money better, our systems are unbelievable.

Comment

Beggars belief really.

โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

โ€‹

Comment

Nothing this government does beggars anything in my opinion. ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜x
                          Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜xx

Comment

Originally posted by House44 View Post
                            Had the council reply to me today saying if I was to quit my job id more than likely get the disability grant. Not 100% but more than likely ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚How is that helping anyone by me quitting my job. How is me becoming unemployed and relying on government money better, our systems are unbelievable.
                            Isn't that an inevitable feature of a welfare system. It targets the most needy. So if you make yourself more needy, you get more or quicker help. A bit like the tales of young women getting pregnant to move up the housing queue.
                            Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

Sadly we reap what we sow. Truth really is hard to take. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜x
                              Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜xx

Comment

Iโ€™m getting my local mp involved and if they donโ€™t wanna know Iโ€™m going the papers. My stairs will be the death of me in the next 3 months without a doubt

Comment

Working...
                                X