Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barry52
    replied
    This evening after dinner we went for a nightcap but found the bar was karaoke night. The host asked me if I wanted to sing and my reply was if only I could talk properly lol. Wrong place wrong time.

Still smiling,
    Barry

Leave a comment:

• Sueb
    replied
    Glad you are enjoying your holiday Barry even with a bruised hip.

Sue

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied
    So glad you've had a lovely cruise Barry,

Your coach trip sounds hilarious and like Kayleigh, it made me laugh today.

Love Debbie x

Leave a comment:

• Kayleigh
    replied
    Hi Barry,

It sounds like you were a ray of sunshine for the folk on the coach, and thank you for sharing your chuckles with us - reading your post made me smile and cheered me up today!

So glad that you and your wife enjoyed the cruise.

Love and best wishes to you both,
    Kayleigh x

Leave a comment:

• Sheila
    replied
    Sounds like you had a great holiday Barry. And many more to come.
    Sheila

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    I'm glad that you are enjoying your trips Barry. Lynne

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Nearing the end of our cruise and I was in fits of laughter (emotional lability) on the coach for today’s tour. My wife as ever had notified the organisers that we wanted a front seat on the coach. Most of the passengers were Americans and they all had disabilities of some kind however they were not organised in reserving seats. The conversation centred around a competitive, how many joints each had had replaced and the locker was full of wheelchairs and walkers, mine included. My voice is not great but I got a round of applause when I shouted this is not a coach but it is more like an ambulance.

It made me feel like my condition was irrelevant and I had a smile on my face all morning.

Barry x

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Thanks everyone for the well wishes.

Spent 4 hours ashore in Funchal, Madeira and the hip is holding out but I’m pleased I packed some paracetamol. I spoke to a lady who had hired a scooter which was delivered to the ship so this is something worth knowing if I am up to cruising next year. As they say where there’s a will, there’s a way.

Love to all.

Barry

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied
    Ouch Barry,

Hope you're bruised hip doesn't spoil your cruise and that you are able to enjoy all the lovely food !

Do Take Care,
    Love Debbie x

Leave a comment:

• Sheila
    replied
    Hope you feel better soon. Be careful. Enjoy your holiday.
    Best wishes
    Sheila .

Leave a comment:

• shrew
    replied
    sorry about your fall. Hope ur ok

Leave a comment:

• nunhead_man
    replied
    Good morning Barry

Originally posted by Barry52 View Post
    even with a walker is proving challenging.
    Oh dear - I hope your bruise eases soon.

Best wishes

Andy

Leave a comment:

• Kayleigh
    replied
    Sorry to hear you had a fall Barry.

I hope you enjoy a relaxing evening and that your hip gets better very soon.

Kayleigh x

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Oh dear. I hope that your bruised hip gets better quickly Barry. Lynne x

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    I failed in my quest to stay safe as moving around even with a walker is proving challenging. Toppled over this morning and now nursing a bruised hip. Lots of helpers coming to my assistance and for once they didn’t haul me to my feet but helped me to my knees and then up. There are many people onboard with disabilities and whether on crutches or with walkers the conversation turns to a determination to enjoy life regardless. Landfall tomorrow so I am looking forward to terra firma.

I didn’t have the nerve to ask chef for a selfie but he did sign my complimentary book about recipes with cheese.

Barry x

Leave a comment:

Working...
X