Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EvelynMW
    replied
    All very interesting. More things for me to look up - PIP? Fortunately i can still drive, we will look for an automatic which will make it a bit easier.

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    Waiting for the results of this and then I will get my replacement licence sorted. Then the hug mobile will be in action! 🤗x

Leave a comment:

• richard
    replied
    PeterPan Thats great news and I really hope you enjoy being able to get out and about. It’s the drive from wheelchair, they call it DFW, WAV,s that are very expensive. Gosh with those acronyms sounds like LOD😀.

I wanted to be able to drive as my wife is not a confident driver and for her to change to a WAV with me as a passenger wasn’t/isn’t going to happen.
    Richard

Leave a comment:

• Bowler
    replied
    Originally posted by PeterPan View Post
    Bowler it’s a Peugeot Rifter. Three seats plus wheelchair space, which is big enough for us. I’m a backseat driver and didn’t fancy being stuck in the back behind two rows of seats!
    I’d be the same. Hope you get out loads and see great things

Leave a comment:

• PeterPan
    replied
    Bowler it’s a Peugeot Rifter. Three seats plus wheelchair space, which is big enough for us. I’m a backseat driver and didn’t fancy being stuck in the back behind two rows of seats!

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    PeterPan Just in time for summer, Peter - enjoy your trips. xx

Leave a comment:

• Bowler
    replied
    PeterPan sounds good Peter. What model are you getting

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Sounds smashing Peter, enjoy. Lynne

Leave a comment:

• PeterPan
    replied
    Just to add a different perspective. I am getting a ‘nearly new’ WAV, six months old with less than 1,000 miles on the clock. The Motability upfront payment is £895. The lease is for three years and the cost is £62 per week (the mobility element of my PIP). I’d be very surprised if I’m still around in there years time and it seems like a great deal to me!

Leave a comment:

• Bowler
    replied
    Beemer
    ​​​​​​​
    Dave not sure if this will interest you but I’ve just come off my branch monthly support zoomy thing. This months guest speaker was from the grants dept. She confirmed that grants up to £1k would be considered to help with deposits on WAVs from the motability scheme. If interested call connect in the first instance. If they cannot answer your query they will pass through to the grants team.

Leave a comment:

• Beemer
    replied
    Originally posted by Bowler View Post

Dave are you sure that if due to medical reasons a change of car is required you won’t get any of your deposit back. When I sent our WAV back I got just over 50% of the £2k deposit I paid.

If you haven’t already done so I’d phone or get someone to phone for you and explain your circumstances. I found them really helpful on the phone but less so via email.
    Wil do, as I am waiting for the electric wheelchair to arrive before I do anything. I am aware that chair dimensions are required.
    Thanks for the advice.

Leave a comment:

• Bowler
    replied
    Originally posted by Beemer View Post
    I got a small car (Audi Q2) from Motability, so my 21yr old son could drive me when needed, I loved driving it too, as it is an automatic with automatic brake when you stop. After six months, my son moved out, my arms dont allow me to drive and I will soon require an electric wheelchair, means a bigger vehicle (WAV) will be needed. I paid £3000 plus PIP for the Audi, so I wont see any of that back when/if I change the car.
    Dave are you sure that if due to medical reasons a change of car is required you won’t get any of your deposit back. When I sent our WAV back I got just over 50% of the £2k deposit I paid.

If you haven’t already done so I’d phone or get someone to phone for you and explain your circumstances. I found them really helpful on the phone but less so via email.

Leave a comment:

• Beemer
    replied
    I got a small car (Audi Q2) from Motability, so my 21yr old son could drive me when needed, I loved driving it too, as it is an automatic with automatic brake when you stop. After six months, my son moved out, my arms dont allow me to drive and I will soon require an electric wheelchair, means a bigger vehicle (WAV) will be needed. I paid £3000 plus PIP for the Audi, so I wont see any of that back when/if I change the car.

Leave a comment:

• Bowler
    replied
    Originally posted by richard View Post
    Didn’t play yesterday as I had my second jab and then some visitors. Today I’m feeling not too bad, slight aches but absolutely nowhere as bad as I was after my first jab. So out to play this afternoon

Richard
    Good news about the jab. Enjoy playtime. Don’t be late home for tea 😁

Leave a comment:

• richard
    replied
    Didn’t play yesterday as I had my second jab and then some visitors. Today I’m feeling not too bad, slight aches and very slight headache but absolutely nowhere as bad as I was after my first jab. So out to play this afternoon

Richard

Leave a comment:

Working...
X