Recommendations for lightweight foldable wheel chair πŸ€”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horse and carriage maybe? πŸ˜‰πŸ€”πŸ˜˜πŸ˜xx
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Originally posted by richard View Post
      LindaB Morning. I was given an electric and manual wheelchair by the NHS. The electric one wouldn’t fit through the internal doors down stairs and the manual one was far far too heavy for my wife to push let alone fold up and put in the car. Bless them. The NHS do so many good things and then……..

Anyway the manual one went back and I bought a lightweight one called a G-Logic from Lightweight Wheelchairs. See https://www.lightweight-wheelchairs....gaAphAEALw_wcB

I find it excellent to use around the house, if folds up easily and the wheels just β€˜pop’ on and off to make it even smaller. Remember as well you don’t pay VAT.

Richard
      denise Richard seems to get on well with the one mentioned aboveπŸ‘†πŸ‘†πŸ‘†I've ordered one.
      Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Sad to say but with my Bulbar I am going to loose my arms before my legs. Good init! πŸ˜πŸ˜…πŸ€—πŸ˜xx
        Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post
          Thing is higher the vehicle higher getting wheel chair in and out.
          Many SUVs have tailgates which open fully to floor level, whilst many saloon cars have lips into the boot over which you'd have to lift the wheelchair, so there may not be a height difference.

Another thing is hes not getting in a wheelchair.
          Well, if that's his final answer you'll know where you stand, cars may become a moot point...

Hugs πŸ€—πŸ€— 😘
          ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
          Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Cars are so low down that even i have problems getting out - practically climb out on my hands and knees.
            Take a look at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Crhd5kNX3w0. πŸ˜‚

Richard
            Richard

Comment

Exactly. That was me. Could I get out of my sons car? So embarrassing.
              when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

The car was parked so my door was near the middle of the road. Unfortunately the road has quite a drop on the kerb side. I pushed the door open with my hand but I couldn't push it far enough so I had to kick it out with both feet. My worry was I'd fall backwards and just my feet would be sticking out and I wouldn't be able to get upright. Would anyone come to my rescue? My days of rolling about in the back seat are obviously not over πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜…

Comment

Stephen has finally admitted a chair might be a good idea and have contacted a stairlift company. Linda let me know how you get on and how long you have to wait for delivery and who you ordered from. I'd really appreciate it.

Ta very much XXXX

Comment

Originally posted by LindaB View Post
                    richard ordered- thanks again πŸ‘
                    Hi Linda. Has it arrived and how are you getting on with it?

Richard
                    Richard

Comment

richard unfortunately there's been a delay & I'm still waiting...

I will update when I can

LindaBπŸ‘
                      Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Damn. I want one now! Covid gets blamed for everything.

Comment

Originally posted by LindaB View Post
                          richard unfortunately there's been a delay & I'm still waiting...

I will update when I can

LindaBπŸ‘
                          I have just been on the chat on the https://www.lightweight-wheelchairs....gaAphAEALw_wcB website and they say they are due in tomorrow. So hopefully not too long now to wait.

Richard
                          Richard

Comment

richard thanks for the update. Fingers crossed. πŸ‘

Comment

Wheelchair has just arrived....very large box....just thinking of tackling. πŸ‘πŸ€”

Comment

Smashing Linda. Get help opening it for your safety x
                                ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Working...
                                X