Recommendations for lightweight foldable wheel chair πŸ€”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Lynne K I will get help...it's too big a job for me. xx
    Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Great x
      ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Ok that tickled my sense of humour. Wheelchair arrives but cant get into the box. I'm sorry I thought it funny. For some reason I didn't imagine it turning up in a box. Cant wait to hear how you get on. 😘
        when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

denise I could end up in the box πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
          Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

This reminds me of when I heard a big man saying he could no longer open a packet of crisps. Nowadays I know exactly how that feels. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx
            Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
              This reminds me of when I heard a big man saying he could no longer open a packet of crisps. Nowadays I know exactly how that feels. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx
              Me too...thankful I have my own teeth and rip things apart πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Comment

I was trying to open crumpets. Used a big knife.

I've got an inhaler that I fight with to get the top off. Wouldn't have to let my asthma get too bad before needing it. I'm tempted to leave the lid off but the whole idea is to stop things crawling in 😳

Comment

Originally posted by LindaB View Post
                  I will get help...it's too big a job for me.
                  LindaB The orchid givers, perhaps?

I wanted to be cremated in a cardboard box but apparently not regulation strength...

​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                  Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

My daughter called in and unpacked the wheelchair πŸ˜‰

Comment

Is there much assembly (supervision) required? xx

​

Comment

No not really...just the usual add the foot plates & good to go. Size wise I probably could have got narrower seat width....just about goes through my doors.
                        Anyway it's here and waiting for a road test....
                        πŸ˜‰

Comment

Originally posted by LindaB View Post
                          Size wise I probably could have got narrower seat width....
                          That's just future proofing for splodgy muscles πŸ˜‰

Seriously though, if you think it is too wide, now is the time to exchange it.

​

Comment

Come on Linda. Want to see wheelies and hand break turns. Might actually get Stephen in one if he can do that.
                            πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ€—

Comment

denise haven't used it yet my dear.....but I'm sure it will be great. πŸ˜‡

Comment

Ok test drive done today Linda. Got lost going to the barbican because I reasoned would be pretty flat there but could I find the place. Made it found disabled parking spot yippee on a roll. Nearly collapsed getting chair out of the boot because I hadn't removed the wheels. Dragged him screaming out of the car and put him in a warm jacket. It was freezing, such a cold wind. Pavement was fine. Brick roads a nightmare. Wheels kept getting stuck and any mounds and I struggled. Finally found a pastie shop and the guy found a place for the chair inside. Met a guy who told me his life story 🀭 then set off again. Gosh that was a bit of a struggle the wheels got stuck middle of a side road then a raise in the road to help get onto the pavement and I couldnt go forward anymore or backwards. This big guy, huge like giant haystack, came up and just took over. Got very near to my car and couldn't get off the pavement. I tried to gently manoeuvre it down but nearly tipped it over. This guy in a van helped me, thank goodness. Put Stephen in the car, took wheelchair apart and really need to cut my nails I couldn't push the wheel release button. One wheel came off but the other put up a fight. It fitted lovely in my boot. Got in the car and he said I need a pee. πŸ™„ shame Google maps dont do wheelchair friendly routes.

Comment

Working...
                                X