Greetings from Cyprus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi deb
    you are still away, oh good for you. After the trauma of travelling might as well enjoy it for as long as possible.

Have fun sweetheart xxxx
    when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

richard Sorry to interrupt your holiday but could you let me know if you had any breathing difficulties on the aircraft and how you got on with the mask wearing requirement. I find I get breathless if I have to wear one for any length of time and this is putting me off attempting a journey overseas by air. Hope you continue to have a lovely time in Cyprus. Sally.

Comment

Come on Richard hows it going? Xxx

Comment

SallyAnnB Hi Sally. I don’t have any breathing issues and had no problem on the plane. You have to wear a mask when you aren’t eating or drinking. I did eat a little but fluid wise I made half a tin of tonic last the flight, to avoid needing to pee. So I think having a drink in front of you, will mean you will not be hassled. Perhaps putting it on for the occasional 30 minutes will keep the flight crew happy.

I hope you get away. It’s really helped me.

Richard
          Richard

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post
            Come on Richard hows it going? Xxx
            Clear blue skies, nice and warm, lots of sun, great accommodation, wonderful food, wine, beer, ouzo and brandy (Not all at the same time😂), seeing family. So as you can see it’s pretty tough.

Gearing myself up for the return to Blighty on Monday.
            Richard

Comment

Richard
              I'm surprised you know what colour the sky is after that lot. 1😂

Have to say it sounds perfect. I've just turned the central heating on and am not in the least bit jealous 😳

Comment

richard Thanks, Richard. It’s a good tip to purchase a drink. I could easily make that last most of the way to Spain at least.😀

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post
                  Hi deb
                  you are still away, oh good for you. After the trauma of travelling might as well enjoy it for as long as possible.

Have fun sweetheart xxxx
                  Aw thanks Denise. We are going to have to come home soon and really missing our family but its good to be here .its given me a huge boost to know its still possible.

Love and hugs to you.
                  Debbie xxx😘🤗

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                    really missing our family
                    I'll bet the little one has doubled in size Debbie! xx
                    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
                      I'll bet the little one has doubled in size Debbie! xx
                      We facetimed him this morning although he was trying to eat the phone ! He looked massive ! Xx

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnnB View Post
                        I find I get breathless if I have to wear one for any length of time
                        Sally, you should be able to get a letter from your consultant/GP confirming a medical exemption to mask wearing. I can't wear one at all, I just can't get enough air in if wearing one. xx

Comment

I don't wear one anymore, even my last stay in hospital, and no one has ever challenged me. If you saw me you'd know why. 😉😁🤗😍xx
                          Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

I looked at getting an exemption a few weeks ago and whichever government website I was on said that exemptions would no longer be issued since mask wearing was no longer compulsory. Except that it is in some circumstances, such as a Saga cruise I went on in August and they were very strict about it and would brook no exemptions. So it’s a sort of Catch 22 situation isn’t it? It’s not compulsory (except when it is) and you can’t get an exemption from something that doesn’t officially exist!

Comment

SallyAnnB Yep, a bit all over the place for sure. If you plan on flying, it's definitely worth getting a letter, if only to be able to say to the cabin crew, "I have a letter from my Doctor..." xx

Comment

Hi SallyAnnB. I'm not an expert so please don't quote me but I was told some airlines will exempt you from wearing a mask with a doctors note.

If you are at risk of coughing and could need water you can also be exempted from binning your drink at security.( although you have to hand it over when you've bought another!)

On a recent flight I made a drink last a long time so i didn't need to wear a mask. I had the window seat with hubby next to me so I didn't feel guilty about it .xxx

Comment

Working...
                                X