No announcement yet.

Greetings from Cyprus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back when I worked for BA and we still had smoking or non smoking you could sit in the last row of non smoking, next to smoking, and not smell smoke. The air on a pressurised jet is completely changed roughly every 30 seconds. Just saying. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜xx
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜xx

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
      Cheers Richard and Indaxi!
      Last day in Cyprus๐Ÿ˜ข Letโ€™s see what challenges tomorrowโ€™s return journey brings.

A toast to you all

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      Richard

Comment

richard great photo...enjoy your final day of vacation & safe journey home๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‰๐ŸŒž
        Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹

Comment

richard
          ooh that looks so lovely there, hope it goes smoothly tomorrow
          Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

Originally posted by richard View Post
            A toast to you all
            Is that a morning ๐Ÿบ richard ?? xx
            โ€‹Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
            Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

โ€‹

Comment

Fab photo richard so glad you've had a good time. Hope your journey home is uneventful. Cheers to you x ๐Ÿฅ‚

Comment

We are coming home this week too Richard so we can share our ( uneventful ๐Ÿคž ) journeys. Xx
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Arrgh!! I want to be there Debbie, looks lovely.

Hope you have an uneventul journey home. ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜

โ€‹

Comment

Aw sorry Ellie . I wish with all my โค you could be here too.

However, You might not want to be after we have a fight diversion, my powerchair goes missing or they drop me ๐Ÿ˜ซ only positive thoughts now ! ๐Ÿ™‚

Hugs to you lovely lady x๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—

Comment

Deb gorgeous photo....Sun kissed๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ˜˜
                      Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹

Comment

Nice photo Deb x

Comment

You both look like you are having a wonderful time.

Hope it goes well Richard.
                          when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Congratulations richard on a successful trip. I wonder if you could help me with a few queries? What sort of wheelchair do you have? Do you know what satisfied the airline/airport in allowing you to have it on the flight? For instance, did you have to disconnect the battery, or disable it somehow? We have a foldable powered chair that we were told we'd have to give up at checkin at which point we'd have to use the manual airport one. This is fine, but if we could keep the powered one until the plane it may be easier. I'm not sure. Any advice would be wonderful. Thanks
                            Raising money for the MNDA with the MND Art Challenge

Comment

DPcarer You've obviously been in contact with an airline, so know which route you're flying?

Airlines and airports have different rules so, if there is an alternative, check their rules too (which you probably have so!)

Sometimes powered chairs/scooters can be brought to the gate - my layman's explanation (guess) as to why the general practice is to say goodbye to the chair at check-in is to avoid last minute disassembly glitches at the aircraft door, resulting in delays to the aircraft. xx

โ€‹

Comment

Hi DPcarer .

We normally fly from Leeds Bradford and the special assistance is provided by the airport and not the airline. You do need to book in advance and have all the dimensions of equipment although mine are kept on their computer system.

I have a salsa mini powerchair and I stay on it in the ambulift and am then transferred to an aisle wheelchair to my seat. Because of its height my husband has to then lower the back ( he loosens the screws at home ) and disconnect the power. You also need to check the battery is aircraft compatible. The powerchair is/should be waiting in the lift on landing.

You are allowed two pieces of equipment so we take a manual wheelchair just in case my chair fails. To preserve dignity you are supposed to be on the plane first if you need lifting but this doesn't always happen.

Good Luck. Please feel free to PM me if you want any more information,
                                Love Debbie x

Comment

Working...
                                X