Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denise View Post
    Stair lift could be in this afternoon.
    Oh my days, that soon! Do you have to self-fund it?

Really hope it encourages Stephen to get out a bit, get you out of the flat too Denise. Let's hope it's not just used to bring up the grocery shopping 😏😘😘

​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

denise might it be wise to run it by OT before agreeing...some companies will sell you anything?? My hospice O T is happy to be present when stair lift companies are here.
      I was also told it's possible to rent rather than buy. Maybe get another company too. Not trying to tell you how to suck eggs πŸ˜‡
      Good luckπŸ€—
      Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

I've gone with this company and that's it. I'm sick of waiting for help. I'm sick of people saying you're not on your own. And clearly I am. I've done it. My ot is on training course. I asked for help and no one gets back to me. Wheelchair 5-6 month wait. So this afternoon between 3-4 it will be in place. Sorted.
        when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

I've paid for it. I will ask for help but I cant leave it and risk me and Stephen ending up at the bottom of the stairs.

Comment

denise sounds like you're at the end of your tether....& I'm sorry to hear that. Hope all goes well.πŸ€—
            Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

I cant leave it and risk me and Stephen ending up at the bottom of the stairs.
              You did the right thing Denise - that peace of mind is priceless. xx

​

Comment

Thanks guys. I've just spent an hour updating banking information. About an hour. Absolute nightmare. I wanted to talk to the legal power of attorney team at the bank. After holding on for another 20 minutes I had to give up. Thought this kind of banking was supposed to make life easier. 🀨

Waiting for the chairlift guys to appear. I spend most of my time waiting. πŸ˜€πŸ€”πŸ˜©

Comment

Denise, happy for you & Stephen 😊 Janette x
                  Janette x

Comment

The chair lift is in. My bum has been on the seat. Down and up again. Stephen had a go and yes hes happy. Yes thank goodness for that. I was going to do wheelchair as well but will settle for fishcakes, chips and some Guinness.

Sorry if you cant eat and drink. 😘πŸ₯°πŸ˜˜πŸ€—

Comment

Stephen had a go and yes hes happy.
                      Oh Denise, that's bloody marvellous, no other words for it!!

... fishcakes, chips and some Guinness.
                      I think it's great that Stephen can still eat, no need to apologise.

Have a lovely evening, relax, put your feet up and well done. πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜˜

​

Comment

Great. news Denise. Fishcakes, chips and Guinness and the stairlift an added bonus. What a great day.

Richard
                        Richard

Comment

The chair lift is in. My bum has been on the seat. Down and up again. Stephen had a go and yes hes happy. Yes thank goodness for that. I was going to do wheelchair as well but will settle for fishcakes, chips and some Guinness.

Sorry if you cant eat and drink. 😘πŸ₯°πŸ˜˜πŸ€—
                          Great news...is it an outside stair lift? πŸ˜‰πŸ˜˜

Comment

Thats great news denise . You certainly deserve your fishcakes, chips and Guinness.

Big hugs and love to you and Stephen. πŸ˜˜πŸ€—xx

Comment

Thanks everyone. I spilt my Guinness ☹ . Its an indoor chair lift Linda. Apparently I could have one outside but this company didn't do them. Lucky i have back up cans of Guinness πŸ˜† my supermarket delivery and I managed to drop a packet of 10 cans of Guinness down the stairs. I'm putting off opening them for a while. Think they'll go off like vesuvius 🀣

Comment

I managed to drop a packet of 10 cans of Guinness down the stairs.
                                Should have put them on the stair lift 😍😍

​

Comment

Working...
                                X