No announcement yet.

Outside stair lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre assessment on 8th and admission on 15th. So I'm not sure how much time before covid testing and result.

His chair came today. Guys looked at the stairs and took it away again 🙄
    when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post
      Pre assessment on 8th and admission on 15th. So I'm not sure how much time before covid testing and result.
      Not a week, for sure. Max should be 24hrs, my PCR test result for respite only took a few hours. I guess all will be revealed in 2 weeks...

His chair came today. Guys looked at the stairs and took it away again 🙄
      Oh my days Denise, I really don't know what to say 🤷‍♀️ 😘😘

​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Ellie the daft thing is they brought a test chair some weeks ago! Is it me?

Comment

Is it me?
          If you were doing your Lady Godiva impression, then yes... xx

Comment

yes i guess that would take their minds off what they were there for.

Comment

yes i guess that would take their minds off what they were there for.
              Or they were so scared that they ran, more like 🤩🤩

Comment

i cant help but agree. i mean if i can get my horse up the stairs then youd think theyd get a chair up.

Comment

A Shetland pony isn't exactly the same as a 16 hands high horse though, is it 🤣🤣

Comment

i see you see me on a little pony and not on a magnificent beast?
                    come to think of it shetland ponies are quite fat i dont think it would get up the stairs.

Comment

Stair lift company came today to measure up for the outside stair lift. They seem to think it's posible...they will send me the plan. So fingers crossed.

Acorn Stair Lifts.
                      Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Oh that's good news LindaB Did they give you any idea of a time frame? xx

Comment

Well if their technicians agree it meets safety requirements & I agree a price(I have a feeling it might be expensive)...about 10 days to a fitting date. I also have to discuss with my neighbour (orchid) as the rail will end in our shared walk way. Shouldn't impede anyone but will need that conversation. 👍🏻😘
                          Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by LindaB View Post
                            I have a feeling it might be expensive
                            Should be well worth it Linda.

🤞🤞 it all works out. xx

Comment

Thanks Ellie😘

Comment

Does your OT get a say in it Linda or is this your own plan?

Comment

Working...
                                X