• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    denise
    Forum Member

• denise
    replied
    The chair lift is in. My bum has been on the seat. Down and up again. Stephen had a go and yes hes happy. Yes thank goodness for that. I was going to do wheelchair as well but will settle for fishcakes, chips and some Guinness.

Sorry if you cant eat and drink. ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—

Leave a comment:

• Nettie
    Forum Member

• Nettie
    replied
    Denise, happy for you & Stephen ๐Ÿ˜Š Janette x

Leave a comment:

• denise
    Forum Member

• denise
    replied
    Thanks guys. I've just spent an hour updating banking information. About an hour. Absolute nightmare. I wanted to talk to the legal power of attorney team at the bank. After holding on for another 20 minutes I had to give up. Thought this kind of banking was supposed to make life easier. ๐Ÿคจ

Waiting for the chairlift guys to appear. I spend most of my time waiting. ๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜ฉ

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    Forum Member

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by denise View Post
    I cant leave it and risk me and Stephen ending up at the bottom of the stairs.
    You did the right thing Denise - that peace of mind is priceless. xx

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    Forum Member

• LindaB
    replied
    denise
    Forum Member
    denise sounds like you're at the end of your tether....& I'm sorry to hear that. Hope all goes well.๐Ÿค—

Leave a comment:

• denise
    Forum Member

• denise
    replied
    I've paid for it. I will ask for help but I cant leave it and risk me and Stephen ending up at the bottom of the stairs.

Leave a comment:

• denise
    Forum Member

• denise
    replied
    I've gone with this company and that's it. I'm sick of waiting for help. I'm sick of people saying you're not on your own. And clearly I am. I've done it. My ot is on training course. I asked for help and no one gets back to me. Wheelchair 5-6 month wait. So this afternoon between 3-4 it will be in place. Sorted.

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    Forum Member

• LindaB
    replied
    denise
    Forum Member
    denise might it be wise to run it by OT before agreeing...some companies will sell you anything?? My hospice O T is happy to be present when stair lift companies are here.
    I was also told it's possible to rent rather than buy. Maybe get another company too. Not trying to tell you how to suck eggs ๐Ÿ˜‡
    Good luck๐Ÿค—

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    Forum Member

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by denise View Post
    Stair lift could be in this afternoon.
    Oh my days, that soon! Do you have to self-fund it?

Really hope it encourages Stephen to get out a bit, get you out of the flat too Denise. Let's hope it's not just used to bring up the grocery shopping ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜

Leave a comment:

• denise
    Forum Member

• denise
    replied
    Stair lift could be in this afternoon. ๐Ÿ™‚

She said they don't do outside but they would more than likely not be 2nd hand. ๐Ÿ™ but she didn't see a reason why one couldn't be fitted.

Leave a comment:

• denise
    Forum Member

• denise
    replied
    Stair lift lady coming tomorrow. Sure they do external as well. I will ask it might not work here but only one way to find out.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    Forum Member

• Ellie
    replied
    LindaB
    Forum Member
    LindaB Ah, now it makes perfect sense, thank you.

My stair lift was invaluable to me for several years, so I hope something can be worked out for you.

In theory, it should work, especially if there's secure storage for a wheelchair 'downstairs'. It could mean having a chair for indoor use plus one for outdoor use.

๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž๐Ÿ˜˜

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    Forum Member

• LindaB
    replied
    Mary C
    Forum Member
    Mary C I'm hoping I can work out how and if a stair lift is feasible...if not it would mean a move or be confined to my flat. In the flat is fine as all on one level.
    I know what you mean about a wheelchair (which I do need for any distance) & I suppose it means Id still always need another person to help me...transfer from stair lift to chair etc. It's still an idea at the moment...just hoping it's possible. I think stair lifts can also be rented so I'll look at that too.
    Sounds like you got a very good deal on a lift.
    It's always good to hear how other ppl have managed so thanks for that Mary appreciate your reply
    ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜

Leave a comment:

• Mary C
    Forum Member

• Mary C
    replied
    LindaB
    Forum Member
    LindaB
    Hi, good luck with the lift company and hope you can get what you need.

I ended up needing a through ceiling lift to enable me to get upstairs .I started with a stairlift but tha1t got difficult to use.Then mobility deteriorated ..hence need for wheelchair so pre empted that by getting the right lift for me second hand( reconditioned with guarantee)Saved me thousands of pounds as same lift new was double the price.
    Suggest , you consider how your lift will help you if and when you need to use a wheelchair .Best wishes
    Mary .

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    Forum Member

• LindaB
    replied
    I'll add you to the list
    matthew55
    Forum Member
    matthew55 ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‰

Leave a comment:

Working...