Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary C
    replied
    Hi Denise, sounds like you are getting sorted.I suggest you ask OT about a shower chair that goes over the bio bidet as I had lots of problems getting one that fitted.
    Hope adaptions Will really help.
    Best wishes
    Mary

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Staircrawler in the afternoon. Biobidet in the morning. There will be a plumber and electrician in my bathroom at 9am.
    Fun fun fun.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by denise View Post
    2nd December staircrawler guy is coming.
    I was thinking that is ages away but realised that 2nd December is next week 😲😲 xx

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    That’s good Denise. Good luck xx

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    2nd December staircrawler guy is coming. I shall let you know how it goes.

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Wheelchair has arrived. Just need to get it out of the box. The guy dropped it on the doorstep and went to his van. Saw me and came running back. Dont pick it up its heavy! Supposed to be a light weight wheelchair! Anyway I said I live upstairs but it's ok I'm going to put it in my car. He said if I have problems hed come back. Didn't leave his number πŸ€”

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    denise the wheelchair seems to tick the boxes. I haven't used it yet as really need the stair lift 1st.
    It's definitely light weight & I would say well made. The large wheels are easily removable....helping with the weight.
    I'll update once I've road testedπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜‡πŸ˜˜

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Yeah Linda I'm with you.

It just all takes so long. I need things now not when we get to enjoy things for a couple of weeks and then need a rethink.

I'm interested to see what you end up doing. Hows the wheelchair?

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    denise well the hospice OT was happy to be here when the company came...however I couldn't coordinate it to suit everyone. When the company send me the plan I'll discuss with her and get her views. She may think of questions I need to ask or make suggestions...I bow to her expertise although ulimately, like with most things, I'll hear her views and then make my own decisions.
    I'm hoping the company say it's possible...that's the 1st stepπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜‡

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Does your OT get a say in it Linda or is this your own plan?

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    Thanks Ellie😘

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by LindaB View Post
    I have a feeling it might be expensive
    Should be well worth it Linda.

🀞🀞 it all works out. xx

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    Well if their technicians agree it meets safety requirements & I agree a price(I have a feeling it might be expensive)...about 10 days to a fitting date. I also have to discuss with my neighbour (orchid) as the rail will end in our shared walk way. Shouldn't impede anyone but will need that conversation. πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜˜

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Oh that's good news LindaB Did they give you any idea of a time frame? xx

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    Stair lift company came today to measure up for the outside stair lift. They seem to think it's posible...they will send me the plan. So fingers crossed.

Acorn Stair Lifts.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X