Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynne K
    replied
    Thanks Shrew, you are so right. I really need a break and we both deserve it because we have been working hard at this MND journey lately. That's mostly about fighting the Council to do the necessary work on our flat. Lynne x

Leave a comment:

• shrew
    replied
    Have a lovely holiday, you deserve it x

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Thanks Debbie. Lynne x

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied
    Have a lovely holiday, Lynne

Fingers crossed for sunshine this weekend so you could perhaps sit outside the pub.
    Enjoy your nightcap.

Love Debbiex

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Thanks Barry. I'm looking forward to it apart from no disabled loo in the pub we all meet at and 3 steps up then a landing, then about 5 steps, then a landing to it. I managed last year when somebody took my walker to the top of the steps and waited there for carrying them down while I kept hold of the bannister. But that'd be mighty difficult this year. We aren't too far from the pub so I might just get my hubby to push me back to our cottage and he can go back to our friends. A few of them might join me later for a nightcap or 3. Lynne

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Just managed to delete the earlier post (not enough stairs to loo mentioned). It had posted separately the original post and my edit last night and wouldn't let me delete the first. Lynne
    Last edited by Lynne K; 17 April 2019, 17:58.

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Have a great holiday with your family Lynne and make sure they pamper to your every need.

Love,
    Barry x

Leave a comment:

• Sueb
    replied
    We used Allied Mobility for our Wav,they bought out 2 different vehicles on one day. Steve tried them out and we went for a drive in one of them, Steve didn’t fit in the belingo so we tried the Ford independence. We wanted to try the VW Caddy long base too, but they didn’t do it so we went with another company(all from the motability site). This proved to be ok but we didn’t have room to carry equipment etc. In the end we went with the ford independent, it’s like a minibus that’s been converted. We have been on holiday in it with a folding hoist, lots of bedding and different equipment he needed. Everything depends on the size of your chair. Steve’s chair is long because he drives with his foot and he likes to lie back because of his neck pain. You have to try different ones to suit your needs, but also think about the future. We now have cough machine, suction machine and feeding tube equipment and feeds, they all take up room.

Hope you both can find what you want. Hope you enjoy your holiday Lynne.

Sue

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Thanks Sheila x

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Thanks Kayleigh x

Leave a comment:

• Sheila
    replied
    I hope you have a nice holiday Lynne. I think the weather is going to be good.

Love Sheila.

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied
    Thanks Everyone,

We have appointments to try some different ones this week so I'll keep anyone who's interested in a WAV updated. Some mobility garages want to bring them to us to try but I am not sure how you can try different ones that way.

The advice is to get one that will suit long term needs to avoid having to change it. Just hard because there is so much choice. ( and lots of colours, Kayleigh)

Enjoy your holiday, Lynne.
    Love Debbie x

Leave a comment:

• Kayleigh
    replied
    I hope you enjoy your Easter holiday Lynne. Hopefully the traffic won't be too busy when you travel on Friday and the weather will be dry and sunny while you are away.

Love and best wishes,

Kayleigh xx

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Thanks for the WAV timing info again Sue.

We pick up the repaired seats Thursday. Off for 11 days holiday Good Friday. I'm glad that I'll have the seats back because I can take my 3 grandchildren in the car on our holidays if their mum (my youngest daughter) wants to go on a long walk with some of our friends who will be there. There's about 66 of us this time.

When we come back I'll get in touch with my Ford garage Motability Rep' about changing to a WAV. Fingers crossed that their rules have changed about them not supplying WAVs but I want to try all different options so it's best to go to a dealer who has a wide choice. Lynne

Leave a comment:

• JAY TEE
    replied
    Kev, I needed good car 4yrs ago once on wheelchair. I have Citreon Berlingo diesel automatic. Was able to drive for two years but have surrendered my driving licence now. My carer/wife finds it ok to drive. It is good and easy to get in and out down the rear ramp. Best wishes John

Leave a comment:

Working...
X