Closomat Toilet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closomat Toilet

I had my first visit from my OT today to discuss house adaptations.

I am looking at converting part of my kitchen and utility into a Wet room with toilet and my dining room adjacent to the kitchen will become a downstairs bedroom.

Is there a specific model of closomat toilet to go for?

I believe that they also come and install it.

​​​​​​​
    Diagnosed 3rd November 2021 Bulbar Onset

Originally posted by GillB View Post
    Is there a specific model of closomat toilet to go for?
    I think it's the 'Palma Vita' loo Gill because, if you need a compatible shower chair, there is a version of the Freeway T40 chair which fits over the Palma Vita. xx
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Ellie

Thank you x

Comment

Does a Closomat loo still function correctly if you are sitting over it on a shower commode rather than directly on it?
        Diagnosed 18th May 2021 with sporadic ALS. Limb onset. Terrified of not being able to breathe easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosemary6NT View Post
          Does a Closomat loo still function correctly if you are sitting over it on a shower commode rather than directly on it?
          Yes, it will Rosemary, but it may need an alternative flushing control, and not all shower chairs will go over it. Also, the loo itself may need to be raised, so it's always best to do your homework before finalising on any setup. xx

Comment

Rosemary6NT - we’ve got one. Closomat supplied a plinth which the loo sits on to raise its height. My wife’s shower/commode chair fits over although we had to remove the seat from the Closomat to fit properly. Works well and ours has a separate pad as a “remote flush”. But as Ellie says do your homework and have a chat with either Closomat and/or the commode chair manufacturer as they will be able to advise. Think we have the chair and Closomat model mentioned above.

Comment

I have a Geberit Aquaclean which was part funded by the MNDA. Very happy with it and comes with a remote control and also a sensor that can you can operate with your foot or wall mounted to activate with a wave of your hand 👍

…..they have a demo model of that they can bring round to your house
              Foxes Never Quit 💙

Comment

Lcfcno1fan

Thanks for the information.
                Do you also have a shower chair that fits over it?

Comment

Originally posted by GillB View Post
                  [USER="24077"]Do you also have a shower chair that fits over it?
                  Yes 👍

….. but you will need your OT to make sure that it is one that will fit over it. My first had a height adaptation made to it and was done as a special through Medequip. I now have a tilting space shower chair that fits perfectly over it too.

Foxes Never Quit 💙

Comment

Originally posted by Lcfcno1fan View Post
                    I now have a tilting space shower chair that fits perfectly over it too.
                    Good to know that James - any idea if it's a 'Freeway T80' tilting shower chair? xx

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
                      Good to know that James - any idea if it's a 'Freeway T80' tilting shower chair? xx
                      ETAC I believe…..you can see how easy it adjusts height https://www.etac.com/products/bathro...-mobil-tilt-2/
                      Foxes Never Quit 💙

Comment

Lcfcno1fan Thanks James.

I remember looking at that one now, the rear cut out doesn't appeal to me, but it's good to know there's a choice of chairs for bidet loos 👍👍😘

Comment

Working...
                        X