Travel insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travel insurance

Spent ages trying to arrange travel insurance. Even Allclear who I have used in the past were expensive. Then read a post on this forum by someone who had used Avanti. They were similar in price to Allclear but arranged for payingtoomuch.com to call me and they were vastly cheaper. I even got a week long policy for £50 but could have had an annual policy for under £200. Helpful staff as well.

Hi Ian, that's really useful, thank you! I've been wondering how affordable travel insurance would be, especially now that we are no longer part of the European scheme.

Comment

just had a look at payingtoomuch and one of the questions is ''have you received a terminal prognosis''. I assume you would have to put ''yes'' as the condition is untreatable, did so and received a pop up saying they couldnt cover me.

Comment

Thank you for the tip about using payingtoomuch. Whilst I have a incurable condition I have not been given a terminal diagnosis. Lots of conditions are incurable but necessarily have you been given a terminal prognosis unless, you are at the end of life

Comment

Worsleybird I would say the blanket description is incurable rather than terminal, unless you have very specifically been given that diagnosis. And it's about saying what supports you need, connected to your illness/disability, to enable travel....for example, I can walk around the house very carefully with sticks/holding on to grab rails etc, but take a manual wheelchair going away and through airport etc, so am much safer/less risk using the appropriate aid, and am travelling with the support of my hubby.

Comment

i paid over £400 for last years travel insurance, after Nationwide refused to do so. I used All Clear, but, with all the suggestions, may look elsewhere, maybe cheaper?
            Mum died with MND in 1979 – My sister and I have a wonky gene, probably inherited from mum. Reckon my MND started sometime in 2018.

Comment

Working...
            X