Blue badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue badge

I am in the process of applying for a blue badge from my local council Shropshire as I have decided I am no longer safe to drive. My problem is the badge is on not really for me but my wife who drives me everywhere. It seems from the online forms I can only apply for a badge in my own name though I am too disabled to drive. Do I just do this or is there any mechanism for apply for a badge for a carer. Has anyone had this problem.

The badge is issued to the disabled person (i.e. YOU) and can be displayed on any vehicle driven by anyone who has transported you.
    Hi, I'm Eddie.
    Started with wobbly left ankle in Nov 2020. Diagnosed 22 Oct 2021, confirmed by 2nd opinion 4 days later.
    Still walking and talking, and wondering what the future will bring.

Comment

Ah yes makes sense thanks for that.

Comment

One of the few perks...
        Hi, I'm Eddie.
        Started with wobbly left ankle in Nov 2020. Diagnosed 22 Oct 2021, confirmed by 2nd opinion 4 days later.
        Still walking and talking, and wondering what the future will bring.

Comment

Aidan in Shrewsbury A Blue Badge application is fairly straightforward, but very much easier if you are already in receipt of PIP (or Attendance Allowance). The latter for people above State Pension age… sorry, I don’t know your age.
          In turn, PIP and AA are much easier to obtain if your neurologist or GP has completed a DS1500 form - signalling that you have a very serious medical condition.
          The MNDA gives benefits advice. I used to be a Citizens Advice adviser until MND struck. It is a complicated subject!
          Diagnosed October 2020 - See my blog at https://www.myneurodiary.com

Comment

Aiden I had same problem. Badge was for my husband but he no longer drives. I got in a right mess so I phoned the council here in Plymouth and they were wonderful did it near enough straight away. Got my disabled parking bay sorted as well.

So call them

Denise xxx
            when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Thanks for that Peter Pan. I am above pension age so presumably eligible for AA am looking into it. Have submitted an application for the blue badge. Thanks to all for your help.

Comment

My husbands blue badge was issued within a week of application to local authority. One of the benefits if a DS1500. We didn't have PIP at that stage as we applied for everything at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                X