No announcement yet.

Chairs and in and out of a car ๐Ÿค”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

denise I know where your coming from. I get my husband to sit in car first then help him get his legs in. Getting him out, I almost give him a โ€œwedgyโ€ ๐Ÿ˜ฎas I have to pull on the top of his pants to get him out. Iโ€™m managing at present but I would always ask a passer by if necessary to help. Xx

Comment

Ps my husband Trevor was 6ft 1.Now 5ft 11. I am 5ft. So itโ€™s hard ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™so take extra care for your own safety xx

Comment

Thanks everyone. I'm reversing him in now then tucking his legs in. My only problem is the kerb. I'm either too far away, which is easier or theres a gap which I'm worried he will catch his feet in.

Getting him out and I usually put left hand under his arm pit and help manoeuvre him with the right. The other day a man came over to offer help. Once he gets distracted he doesn't focus on his legs or what we are trying to do he is more interested in talking to someone which puts us both at risk of falling.

Not sure how long I can keep this up. ๐Ÿ˜•
        when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Because I couldnโ€™t face A&E my physio checked it out.He seemed happy nothing was broken, just sprained. I have a big bruise underneath my foot.Itโ€™s a bit better than it was. So managing to transfer from my recliner to the wheelchair.

Comment

Originally posted by LesleyB View Post
            ... managing to transfer from my recliner to the wheelchair.
            Oh, that's good to hear ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Don't blame you for avoiding A&E ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
            โ€‹Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
            Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

โ€‹

Comment

Working...
            X