Good news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Lynne,

So sorry for your fall. It's such a shock and it happens so quickly. Hope you feel better soon and heal quickly.

Love Debbie x

Comment

Thanks Debbie x
      ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
      I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Hi Lynne,

I hope you're ok after your fall.

Congratulations on the new car. It's amazing what a bit of independence can do for you.
        Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Comment

There's no easy answers to these trials and tribulations that go with life with MND. It all seems so difficult to go from being a strong, (bloody minded sometimes ) independent person to someone who is dependent on others. I loved it when I first got my powered wheelchair - oh the joy of whizzing off round the supermarket on my own!!

Comment

Hi Lynne,
            Sorry to hear about your fall. I hope you will feel better soon. Take care
            Sheila

Comment

Thanks Sheila. Lynne
              ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.

Comment

That sounds great Miranda. My nearest supermarket is Asda. I checked google maps. It's just under a mile. Lynne

Comment

Oh no Lynne. I thought you were safe with your walker. I find my 4 wheel walker too big for the house so I use a 4 wheel trolley provided by my OT. It is only 20 inches wide and is handy for carrying drinks but make sure you ask for one with brakes as they can slide on hard floors.

I hope you are not in too much pain.

Love,
                  Barry
                  I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Barry, they gave me a trolly with 2 shelves but it doesn't have brakes. I told my OT that it runs away too fast sometimes. She said the only alternative is a zimmer with a shelf to make it slower. I might buy a decent one with brakes. Do you have any recommendations? Thanks. Lynne

Comment

Hi again Barry. I've emailed my OT and sent her a link to an invacare 2 trayed trolley with brakes. I think it's 23 inches wide. It's £64.95 I think. Lynne
                      Last edited by Lynne K; 30 July 2019, 22:22.

Comment

Thanks Dina. I've got a head ache, neck ache and sore elbow but expect it's going to be ok tomorrow or day after. Lynne
                        Last edited by Lynne K; 30 July 2019, 22:48.

Comment

Hi Lynne,

Great news about getting your Berlingo today but sorry to hear about your fall.

I hope your OT provides you with a trolley with brakes - it seems silly to me that they don't provide the style with brakes in the first place as they are so much safer to use. Anyway, after your fall today I hope your OT will be sympathetic and as helpful as possible.

I hope you feel better soon. Make sure you take things easy - perhaps chill out in your riser/recliner and watch some of your favourite shows on Netflix.
                          Love Kayleigh x

P.S When you feel better, hopefully your husband will kindly take you somewhere nice in your new Berlingo - you could both probably do with an enjoyable day out soon, especially after the nasty shock of your fall today!
                          Last edited by Kayleigh; 31 July 2019, 00:10.

Comment

Thanks Kayleigh. My husbands son and daughter in law are coming today with their dog(they live in South Yorkshire). She's going to go home with the dog after a couple of hours, but he's staying the night which is nice, especially for Steve

If you're wondering on the silly o'clock time of this message. I'm up a couple of times every night and decided to check in here whilst I wait for my pills to go down (paracetamol and tramadol). I can't lie down for about 15 minutes else it'd make me feel sick and have burning reflux.

You always write such lovely messages of encouragement. It's very much appreciated.
                            Still fighting, Lynne

Comment

Hi Lynne,

So sorry to hear about your fall and hurting yourself. I guess that you are in a bit more pain today but you should feel better soon.

Just when you wanted to be a little more independent and needed Steve to have more confidence in you, you go and do that, bxgger.

I use a three wheel walker indoors, it has one five pound weight near each of the rear wheels, a twenty pound weight underneath and a gallon of water in the bag. I also push it around with the brakes on all the time. It's quite stable as you can imagine.

Thanks for explaining why you post at 4:15 am.

Love Terry
                              TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Hi Lynne,

I feel for you not having an unbroken night's sleep. It usually takes a while for me to get to sleep but I usually manage to sleep for quite a long time before I wake up again. Hopefully you are able to have a little nap in the afternoons, if you need one.

I hope you are enjoying your day with your visitors. I find its nice to have friends or family to call round, even if it's just for a quick cuppa.

I hope you are recovering ok after your fall. Fingers crossed that the OT agrees to your request for a trolley with brakes.

Take care
                                Love Kayleigh x
                                Last edited by Kayleigh; 31 July 2019, 23:18.

Comment

Working...
                                X