Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New York

Hi Everyone,

We're off to New York at the beginning of December and I wondered if anyone was able to share details of any companies for mobility scooter hire?

samandthebucketlist A warm welcome to the forum, Sam, sorry you've had to join us.

I'm sorry I can't help you re scooter hire.

I went to NYC with the kids shortly after my diagnosis, a bucket list item to go as a family, but I was still walking then.

Hope you get sorted.

Love Ellie xx

PS. Have you sorted travel insurance?
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

samandthebucketlist

I think airlines are obliged to let you take two mobility items aboard (only going from memory).

There are also folding wheelchairs and mobility scooters that can be taken. I think you have to take the battery out and take it on board with you.

I was looking for something that would allow me to get on a flight and then be able to be folded so that it could go into a taxi at the other end.

Mobility scooters can be an issue for some because of the reaching for the handles.

Hope you have an amazing trip.

Not sure where you are, of course, you might just be down the road from New York (feel like bursting out in song).

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
        samandthebucketlist A warm welcome to the forum, Sam, sorry you've had to join us.

I'm sorry I can't help you re scooter hire.

I went to NYC with the kids shortly after my diagnosis, a bucket list item to go as a family, but I was still walking then.

Hope you get sorted.

Love Ellie xx

PS. Have you sorted travel insurance?
        Thanks Ellie. Yes, the MNDA gave me details of insurers and I was able to obtain insurance.

Comment

Working...
        X