Motorbike Mania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can a 'scooter boy' join in?
    You may have a few jokes at my expense to lighten some low times.

You can even take the micky out of us having a racing association, and instead of the 200mph club for sprinting, we have the 100mph club???

Comment

Hi Frank,

Your welcome, I have a black mean machine scooter sitting in prone position can achieve 8mph standing quarter 1/2 hour.

You have a great day

Roy.

Comment

Roy, thats nearly a better time than my 240cc Lambretta ;-)

I was looking at an old villiers engine in the back of the workshop that I ported a few years back.
        I couldn't believe that I spent nearly 2 hours thinking on how it could be grafted onto the wheelchair.
        I'm going simple! As though i'd be able to do 'owt with it.

Comment

Hi Frank;
          I don't think we can allow scooter rides here. Don't tell the others but I did own and ride a Vespa 90. It was very unstable and I came off of it more than once a month. I also used to marshall at Lydden and there was a few races for them then.
          Keep on rocking, Terry
          TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Hi Terry.

Bet you wished you'd kept the Vep', i'm not a fan of them personaly, as you said, very un-stable due to engine on one side.
            But the 90cc 'small frame' go for a packet now???
            Even I can't understand the logic of that. Must be loads of 'born again' mods.

I rode Lydden, nice track. But always loved '3 sisters' at Ashton-in-makerfield.
            And Anglesey was spectacular in the sunshine.

Go on Terry, let me stay. Pretty please; i'll just potter about at the back of the pack.
            Just so I don't embarass you with my super speed.

Comment

You will have to ride 200 yards behind and not park anywhere in sight, oh and no wearing parkers.
              I used to camp and marshall at Lydden in 1976 to 1982 for the Triumph owners Club meetings. They where great fun and included races for scooters and Go Karts.
              Even my little Vespa was fast away, one of my crashes on it was in London on the Embankment. I was changing into second gear after pulling away from the lights and did not close the throttle, it done an uncontrollable wheelie and I was on the road. I am afraid that after 7 months their was not much left of it undamaged.
              Keep on rocking, love Terry
              TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Hi Rockers and the Mod;
                Moto G P practice is on BBC1 today at 1 pm and the race is on tomorrow at 12:30 , BBC 2. The racing is from Sachsenring.

Comment

Hi Terry, thanks for info. Heard on news site that Lorenzo has damaged his collarbone yet again in practice! So out of race. Laila

Comment

Hi MMs , Good to see Cal on the podium! Laila

Comment

Hi All;
                      Moto G P qualifying on 301 tonight 22:00 to 2:00. The racings is from Laguna Seca, where Rossi run Lorezo off of the cork screw about five years ago.
                      Lets hope Crutchlow and Rossi go one better but a tremendous result and a good race last week.
                      Race on BBC 2, 22:00 to 23:00 hrs Sunday evening.
                      I have World S B from Moscow and British S B from Brands Tomorrow as well on my list.
                      Great Tour de France, Frome seemed invincible but them a crack. He is back on the pace and today will tell. I think that he is so much better than Wiggins but does not have the same backing. Although Port did get him through his bad patch.

Comment

Hi Terry, I haven't tried port recently is this recommended by the cyclists? Just watching the super pole for WSB followed by motogp practice on Eurosport. Should be a good race weekend. Laila

Comment

Sorry Roy;
                          I getting later and later.
                          BSP on tonight at 8 pm on ITV4, I think that it is repeated Saturday, 14:55 to 15:55 hrs.

And WSB is on at 7:30 am Saturday on C4.
                          Rock on tommy.

Goodwood Festival of speed is also on ITV4 tonight 9 pm.

Are you out there Frank, PLEASE ride a bit closer.
                          Last edited by Terry; 24 July 2013, 18:31.

Comment

Hi Terry, thanks for info. Not sure if everyone saw the USA motogp? But was a weird race with so many injuries. Marquez ruled but Bradl surprised. Rossi looked on good form he has lost that gaunt tired look. Laila

Comment

I thought that it was a great race. Before the weekend I had Crutchlow winning and Rossi second as both of the top people were broken and Marcquez had not ridden there before. How wrong I was! It was a bit disappointing for our favorites.

Comment

Im back Terry.
                                A couple of mirrors dropped off and It took me a few days to get them re-chromed.
                                Im catching back up now. Just keep an eye out behind you.
                                Cheers Frank.

Comment

Working...
                                X