Motorbike Mania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Folks.

Not WSB standard, but a bit of fun from Darley Moor back in May.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJV-NNBmJ-M

Cheers
    Frank

Comment

That takes me back Frank;
      Was that you riding the camera scooter and the others letting you win?
      World Super Bike is at Silverstone this afternoon and should be on telly on C4 7:30 Sat morning.
      TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

hi Terry, thanks for info. Long wait to next motogp on the 18th

Comment

Hi Terry. Wish it was me
          Number 69 is using one of my engines.
          The lads doing quite well with it at the moment.
          That's a good thing about clubman racing; it's still afordable.
          And no factory teams, which to me makes it a bit more sociable also.

Had a sad day today, as I put my leathers up for sale.
          God knows why i've not done it before; I think I was hoping to use them again.
          Dooooh, as Homer would say.
          Got my tuning stuff to sort out and sell also and we are going off on the narrowboat for a month with the money I raise.
          Isn't life weird? Spent years trying to go fast and now i'm happy at 4mph on a canal.

Sorry for going off topic, got a bit of a wondering mind tonight.
          Cheers Frank.

Comment

Frank, you are a very funny, courageous man, you are not slowing down just adapting and taking life in the slow lane for a while....what a wonderful thing to go on a narrowboat for a whole month.....I love your posts with your sense of humour and I hope you have the most wonderful time...you don't have to live in the fast lane, life in the slow lane is good too and of course it's life..
            When my sister had to put up her beloved mercedes baby blue sportscar up for sale she was very fed up too (probably an understatement, but you know exactly how it feels), but she gave me the number plate so I will have it for my daughter, her most beloved neice, and we'll be in a car with the wind in our hair and thinking of her........whoever has your leathers will do you proud because good goes to good, if you get what I mean.
            I wish you a lovely time on the narrowboat, and if you don't think it presumptuous I will send you some of my signature kisses so that you know I am thinking of you and saying a prayer for you and yours, enjoy the time on the narrowboat
            good luck
            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXDebbieXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXO and a hug for luck!

Comment

Thanks for that Debbie. I enjoyed the hugs and kisses.

Comment

I did not realize that you needed leathers on those things, I thought it was parkers and drain pipes. Have a great time, the parker might come in handy as well. Your have too adapt to the speed, still not that much difference around the corners. What track will the boat be on.
                Love Terry
                TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

I'm going for the 'boating blazer' look, ala The Kinks, with the parker on top.
                  The track is the Leeds Liverpool. Not a short track and plenty of twisty bits.
                  Can you counter steer a narrowboat??
                  I'll have a go and let you know.
                  At least when I mess the corners up, it should be a softer landing!!

Comment

a narrow boat and a scooter should be similar to steer, both are very slow to act and very vague. It's sorter like locking the rear wheel up coming into a sharp bend but 1000 times slower. I guess tour soon get the hang of it after a few drinks. You don't drive a lola by any chance, oh and watch out for the narrow bits and the kinks.
                    Love Terry

Comment

cheers Terry. I've got a big bottle of Jack Daniels and loads of straws saved up for the trip.

Comment

Hi Frank, hope the canal trip goes well. Will some extra horsepower help?? I heard the Clydesdale z models with combination treads are good on the tow Tarmac. have to be careful of the runoff on the kinks though. Laila

Comment

Do you think I could stick some mirrors on their harness Laila?
                          The thought of all the possible areas for more chrome gets my juices running.
                          I could look like a proper prat (oops! sorry, mod) then

Comment

MotoGP in USA coming up this weekend. No idea who is running and who is injured. Seems too many crashes.

Comment

Sorry Roy;
                              British Super Bike racing was on ITV4 Wednesday evening at 7:30. It is well worth watching as all three races where good. It is still available on BBC I Player.
                              Also practice for moto GP at Indianapolis on 301 tonight 18:30 to 22:05 and racing tomorrow. BBC” 18:30 to 20:00 and Moto 2 & 3 on 301 15:45 to 18:15.
                              Enjoy, Terry

Comment

Hi Terry, thanks for info. MotoGP practice is on Eurosport coming up at 6.15 . Carol

Comment

Working...
                                X