Motorbike Mania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks a lovely bike Mick;

I started crashing motorbikes at 14 and rode them on the road since I was 17 to about 53. In all weathers.

I liked smaller racier machines mainly, but just liked the freedom and I enjoyed just riding anything, even a Honda 50.

Love Terry

PS:- Ellie, I have to listen to you talking about shopping for shoes etc.
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

'Crashing' motorbikes Terry ??

I think you really are a cat with 9 lives.

My son has one, I'm terrified he is going to crash

xox

Comment

British super bikes on ITV Wednesday at 8 pm

Don't worry about your son, if he has been OK in the first year he'll be fine. Fingers crossed.

Love Terry
        TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Thanks Terry I'll try not too, but you know how I do

There is something comforting in knowing that you been 'crashing' them since 14 and telling about it at your ripe old age. He is not an experienced rider like you so doesn't take it out in the Winter, Thank God!

Yes my fingers always crossed, and lots of prayers.

xox

Comment

ccinjersey, as long as your son treats "EVERYONE" as a complete di**head on the roads he will be fine

Originally posted by Terry

PS:- Ellie, I have to listen to you talking about shopping for shoes etc.
            HaHa, well said Terry. ;-)
            Cheers,

Mick

Comment

Hi Mick

Don't know how it is in your country, but over here our drivers are very distracted because of their cell phones! Which is against the law to be texting, and driving, but people do it anyway!

My son took the motorcycle course which is not required in my State to obtain license, but relieved he did The Instructor told him to use the noise of the motorcycle to his advantage because drivers hear it coming around them, and will be more aware, but I wonder about that now because people seem completely tuned out, and absorbed in their phones on the road..real craziness!

Also our roads are filled with SUV's and pick up trucks, and minivans very large style cars, a motorcycle against that is no match.

I work in the hospital, and patients in need of organ transplants are told to register in States that don't require helmets like Florida because they have more availability of organ donations from 'cycle deaths' as they call them ...just what I needed to know

CCxox
              Last edited by ccinjersey; 10 August 2018, 21:43.

Comment

Moto GP from Austria is on Tuesday night, CH5 at 7 PM, great race last week but I failed to post it.

The Silverstone classic is on Wednesday ITV4 at 8pm and the Bruce Mclaren story is on after it

Comment

BSB is on tomorrow on quest all afternoon and the highlights are on ITV4 Wed at 8 pm

Comment

Hi Miranda;

I hear Rossie might pop around your for tea. Keep the straw bails up covering your windows.

Hi-lights of the Moto GP are on Tuesday CH5 at 7 pm

Love Terry

Comment

Well that was a wash out yesterday -'literally!!

Comment

We had a shower here that flooded things Miranda;

Love Terry

Comment

TT Classic is on ITV4 tonight and tomorrow night at 9 pm

I didn't realize that they cancelled Silverstone, shame

Comment

Moto GP was on today from Italy San Marino, not sure when it's on CH5

British Super Bikes have been at Thruxton today as is on ITV4 Wednesday around 8 pm
                            Last edited by Terry; 10 September 2018, 00:29.

Comment

I can't find when Moto GP is on the TV.

It might be on another Channel????

Comment

Hi Terry,

BSB was at Silverstone yesterday. My daughter and her husband who is a Yamaha and Triumph dealer were there as guests.

Barry x
                                I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Working...
                                X