• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kayleigh
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2018

Originally posted by Christoff View Post
    Actresses (yes they were called that when I was young)

Sandra Bullock
    Keely Hawes
    Rosamund Pike
    Jennifer Lawrence
    Emily Blunt
    Anne Hathaway
    Melissa McCarthy
    Cameron Diaz
    Emma Thompson
    Kate Winslet
    Hi Christoff,

I would definitely include Emma Thompson in my list of 'Top 10 British Actresses and Actors' - along with all the famous British actors and actresses she co-starred with in 'Love Actually', which is one of my favourite rom-coms.

.... and I thought the special trailer the cast did for Red Nose Day 2017 was very entertaining - and comic too!

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmUaH-n_wbA

Best wishes
    Kayleigh

Comment

• Ellie
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2012

Sheila, you must love Halloween time when all the horror movies are on !!

And yes, it's great to watch a belly-laughing comedy with either of that pair in it a great way to relax (especially if you're up to 90 after a scary horror)

Love Ellie.
      ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• Kayleigh
        Forum Member
        • Nov 2018

Originally posted by Sheila View Post
        I am going to throw in a few :-
        Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller. My favourite comedy duo!
        Christopher Lee for his many Dracula movies and The Wicker Man as the sinister Lord Summerisle.
        Jamie Lee Curtis for her many Halloween films.
        As you can see I am a bit of a horror film fan.
        All I can think of for now, no doubt I will add some more later

Love Sheila
        Hi Sheila,

I think you are very brave watching horror movies. I think they would scare me too much .... I even had to hide behind a cushion when this was on TV!! LOL .....

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DOvx6aMXSKQ

Do you like watching Crime Dramas? My favourite is Midsomer Murders and I would definitely include John Nettles in my list of Top 10 British Actors. I like him in Bergerac too!

Love
        Kayleigh x

Comment

• Kayleigh
          Forum Member
          • Nov 2018

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
          Hmmm, probably Saving Private Ryan? But The Good Shepherd and The Departed, along with Good Will Hunting, are up there also.

Top male actor in swim trunks - Ryan Gosling, even though my table has more of a personality than he has
          Hi Ellie

I tried to find a video of Ryan swimming in his trunks, but I don't think he owns any??? LOL ....

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qmDI8yuB82o

Love
          Kayleigh x
          Last edited by Kayleigh; 26 October 2019, 15:50. Reason: Technical hitch with the link - but should be ok now!

Comment

• Kayleigh
            Forum Member
            • Nov 2018

Apologies Ellie, if you clicked on the link in my post above and it went to a clip of a cartoon! A technical hitch (i.e. I reposted the link I put in my post to Sheila, by mistake) - but the correct link is there now.

Love,
            Kayleigh

Comment

• Ellie
              Forum Member
              • Oct 2012

Just goes skinny dipping, obvs
              ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
              Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• Kayleigh
                Forum Member
                • Nov 2018

Now we are talking about a completely different Top 10 list, Ellie! ......

'Top 10 Best Actors in their Birthday Suit' LOL

Comment

• ccinjersey

Hi Kayleigh

Loved the trailer for 'Love Actually' ! It made me laugh Its one of my favorite romantic comedy films as well, I own it on cable and watch it with my daughters from time to time, they melt as well over those sexy British accents. Its where I learned what your British word 'shag' meant I had no clue? When Emma Thompson said to Liam Nesson "Don't cry or no one will shag you" I had no idea what she was talking about ??? The word has a completely different meaning here. That film as a great soundtrack as well.

I didn't know the Kardashians are in the UK as well. Ugh their voices annoy me. I heard Kim Kardashians intends to run for President in 2024. She is in the process of getting her law degree (I guess that would qualify her to be president lol) but the state the US is in she will probably win !!

xox

Comment

• ccinjersey

LMAO

Again 10 top actors in birthday suits Brad Pitt gets my vote in the film Troy. Watch it Ladies you'll really have sweet dreams....

xox

Comment

• Kayleigh
                      Forum Member
                      • Nov 2018

Hi CC,

It has another meanings here as well e.g shag pile carpet - and I understand that a Shag is a type of sea-bird. Shaggy in Scooby Doo is my favourite though!

Perhaps Kim K's political ambitions have been inspired by Ronald Reagan?

Like your addition to our new list and I think this 'Birthday Suit list' should only be for Actors - I.e. men only!! (like in the Oscars). LOL

Kayleigh x

Comment

• ccinjersey

Hi Kayleigh

That is what shag means here, a high pile carpet, although a bit dated now I think shag rugs were back in the 60's, or 70's ?

I think Kim K, is a lot smarter than she pretends to be. Think about it, she made millions off of her 'assets' lol Plenty of women have those seem assets, but didn't build an empire off of them as she did...a smart cookie. Could you just imagine if she was running against the circus clown we have now !! That would be reality TV at is very best !! or worst depending on your point of view lol She'd probably beat him too!

xox

Comment

• Kayleigh
                          Forum Member
                          • Nov 2018

Hi CC,

I'm not really a fan of reality TV, but with Kim K being so successful, I wouldn’t be surprised if she is one of the Top 10 richest and most famous Reality TV stars!

Kim K is so popular that she might even get enough votes from all her fans (especially from all the young women who aspire to be like her) to become President one day?

Yes, Trump v Kardashian would be a very entertaining political debate! (and its probably debatable which of them wears the most/most expensive make-up and hair-products?) LOL

I'm surprised that Dolly Parton has never run for President! LOL. She is probably even more popular and successful that Kim K (and she'd definitely be at the top of my list of favourite Country Singers!)

If Dolly did run for President, I wonder if it would be for The Democrats or The Republicans?? Or, she might decide to set up her own political party - perhaps naming it 'The Diamantes' or possibly 'The Rhinestones'? LOL

This is number 1 on my list of favourite Dolly hits (I've watched the video many times before - but today was the first time I noticed the quirky adaptations to the shoes in the shop window! LOL):-

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UbxUSsFXYo4

Love,
                          Kayleigh x
                          Last edited by Kayleigh; 26 October 2019, 18:56.

Comment

• ccinjersey

Hi Kayleigh

I haven't seen Dolly Parton around for years now. Did you know she wrote the mega hit Whitney Houston song 'I Will Always Love You',

I think the Kardashians have had been a big influence on why young girls are wanting plastic surgery in their 20's now, hoping to look like them. Even the young sisters have done all this plastic surgery transforming themselves to look like Kim! just nuts to me. I'm not a fan of the Kardashians particularly the mother, their reality show is the epitome of narcissism in my opinion.

xox

Comment

• Sheila
                              Forum Member
                              • Feb 2019

Hi Ellie and Kayleigh!
                              Yes! I like Halloween time with all the scary films and stories on. In fact, Autumn is one of my favourite time of the year (along with winter and spring!)
                              Kayleigh! not too keen on crime dramas unfortunately. Showing my age here but I use to love Starsky and Hutch, The Professionals (Lewis Colins would've made a fine 007), and Miami Vice!
                              Oh yeah! Thought your Scooby Doo clip was very funny!!

Love Sheila.

Comment

• Kayleigh
                                Forum Member
                                • Nov 2018

Hi Sheila,

I remember watching Starsky and Hutch too. I also enjoyed watching Cagney and Lacey and The Rockford Files. I think I was a fan of James Garner from quite a young age - and my favourite films he starred in are The Great Escape and Maverick.

Yes, I still find watching cartoons is fun sometimes, especially when much younger members of my family are visiting. Favourite cartoons I watched in the 1970's, like Scooby Doo and Top Cat, still seem to be popular.

Winter is on its way and I've remembered that the clocks go back and hour tonight (Saturday) - and I expect it's soon going to start getting darker much earlier in the evenings.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend with your family.

Love Kayleigh x

P.S Have you seen this clip of when 'Starsky', 'Hutch' and 'Huggy' re-unite on This Morning?

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=05jQkv_lMGs

Comment

Working...
                                X