• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ellie
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2012

Christmas 2019

Hi everyone,

I know this time of the year can be particularly difficult for those of us living with MND and for our families.

But I hope we all have as good a Festive Season as possible, without incident, and can enjoy the social element of it, especially for those of us for whom getting out and about is difficult. (Even though I may escape to my bedroom for a breather if things get too loud Maybe I'm finally getting old )

Best wishes to all and thanks for your friendship, it means a lot.

Love Ellie
    ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user
  • nunhead_man
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2017

Hi Ellie and of course everyone

For me Christmas is the time when I renew the acquaintanceship I have with my family members for the love andsupport they give me with the difficulties I have and plan my support in as far as we can for the following year.

And in return Ellie and everyone your friendship means a lot to me to

My best wishes to all for a peaceful Christmas season and a productive, profitable and positive 2020
    Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. One sided limb onset (arm) sporadic PMA/MND - now 90% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including both shoulders and also some breathing issues – Campaign contact Winchester and Southampton branch, and trustee of the Association

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"

Comment

• panniertank
      Forum Member
      • May 2019

Christmas has never been my favourite time of year as an adult ( I don't enjoy the winter weather and short days and long nights etc ). But yesterday I did one of the few things I like about Christmas; - I played my favourite Crimbo song;- fairytale of New York by the Pogues
      Merry Christmas and happy new year to you all. Thank you for your support. Let's hope the new year brings significant advances into the treatment or cure of MND.

Comment

• Deb
        Forum Member
        • May 2018

Hi everyone,

Thanks for starting the thread Ellie. Christmas can be a very poignant and emotive time when life is difficult so wishing everyone on here a peaceful Christmas and new year.

I too really appreciate the friendship and support I receive from our forum.
        Love Debbie x

Comment

• JAY TEE
          Forum Member
          • Apr 2014

Ellie. Christmas a good time for me. It’s 5yrs since I last cooked the family meal for 16 of us. Lookily one of my sons doing the meal for us and my 10yr old granddaughter will do my Peg feed. Hope you all have good Christmas presents. My favourite present is being taken to see new Star Wars film. Best wishes John

Comment

• Lynne K
            Forum Member
            • Nov 2017

Hi everyone, this year the Christmas lunch is at ours. I'll help as much as I can whilst Steve does the cooking. My youngest daughter and her 3 children are coming. It's the youngests 4th birthday Christmas day. That was a Christmas to remember. I cooked the meal but had to leave it to take my daughter to the hospital. I was her birth partner that time. It was too late to eat when it was all over. We all had Christmas the following day, Boxing Day. They do Jo Jo's (Joseph) birthday in the morning and Christmas begins after 12. This year it'll be when they get to ours.

I hope that you all have a lovely Christmas without any major problems. I'm looking forward to January when I ought be starting the trial.

Love to all, Lynne
            Last edited by Lynne K; 18 December 2019, 19:59.
            ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

• ccinjersey

Merry Christmas Forum Folks

Thank you all for the tremendous support you have given me through the years. Although my dearest best friend is no longer here your advice, knowledge and wisdom was invaluable to me.

Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas filled with much Love now, and in the coming new year, and also praying the new year will bring with it the cure.

CCxox

Comment

• Sheila
                Forum Member
                • Feb 2019

I have always loved Christmas, but this year I have definitely lost my mojo. But I will enjoy it the best I can. I want to wish you all a happy Christmas and peaceful new year, and a big thanks for being here for me.
                Love Sheila x

Comment

• Barry52
                  Forum Member
                  • Mar 2012

Wishing everyone a peaceful and joyous Christmas. Whilst I am slow and unsteady I will still rise (or fall if I have a tipple or two) to the challenge I have undertaken for 30 years, by cooking our Christmas meal. My wife does a marvellous job of table decorating and she serves because I am adept at throwing it on the floor.

I do hope that you all have family or friends around you and that we can look forward to better prospects ahead in the fight to find a treatment for this disease.

Love,
                  Barry
                  I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

• Jude11
                    Forum Member
                    • Jul 2019

Wishing you all a happy Christmas and as healthy as possible, let's hope 2020 brings good new for all.

Judy❤️❤️

Comment

• Gillette
                      Forum Member
                      • Mar 2019

It took me a few months to find the courage to even visit the MNDA website but when I did I found this wonderful forum. I can truthfully say that this forum has saved my life, particularly one person who held my hand through the darkest times. I want to thank all of you, and that person especially, for the love and support I have been given, it means more than I can say.

I hope you all have the Christmas you would like and send you my very best wishes.
                      Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Comment

• Kayleigh
                        Forum Member
                        • Nov 2018

Wishing everyone a Christmas that is as peaceful and as happy as possible.

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pFrlkl0y1H0

Many thanks to everyone in this forum family who have brought rays of hope and sunshine into my life with their encouraging words of support and advice.

Love
                        Kayleigh x

Comment

• Davetherave
                          Forum Member
                          • Jul 2012

Hi folks

Well, what's become my once a year post now. I'd like to wish all Forum members old and new, a nice and peaceful Christmas and I hope you all have a good a one as possible.

Much love and best wishes

Dave.. Xx
                          "Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers!" Homer Simpson

Comment

• miranda
                            Forum Member
                            • Jan 2011

Thinking of absent forum friends and families for whom this will be their first Christmas without loved ones.

Comment

• Doug Carpenter
                              Forum Member
                              • May 2017

While wishing everyone the Happiest Christmas you can have, may I also thank you all for the immense amount of kindness, empathy, information and fun posted on this Forum. It’s truly inspirational!

Thank you, Ellie, for starting this very appropriate thread.

Doug
                              Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

Working...
                              X