Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Hi Barry

Americans knew before they voted for Trump his position on Global Warming. He believes it’s a myth started by China ???? and were well aware he supported the coal industry, and yet here we are with a President Trump ???

I think to expect rational thinking from a lunatic demagogue is going to set the sane people up for more and more anger, frustration, and disappointment.

Trump showed us, and the world exactly who he is, and what he stands for. Yet Americans chose to ignore every red flag, and all the warning signs. Whatever is to come from this President, and his administration we did to ourselves. We will now have to deal with all the consequences for what I believe was putting a madman into the White House.

xox

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    CC,

The latest issue worrying the world is Trump's view about supporting the coal industry and continuing to burn fossil fuels when global warming is still rising. If he reneges on the accord then the US will become isolated. We watch with interest and hope that he will listen to reason rather than taking an isolanatistic position.

Barry x

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi Jan

Yes, so many here are devastated over a Trump Presidency as well, and extremely fearful of what these years ahead will bring to this country, and the world.

I'm trying very hard not to be so pessimistic about it, but I can't find anything positive over it either. I very concerned over civil war. It may sound far fetched, and a thing of the past, but there is such a great divide over here. All Trump has to do is push people's buttons a little more with threats, and lunatic policies, and tempers, and anger can easily explode, and will.

Jan you would be interested to know there is a petition started for Michelle Obama to run for President in 2020 (she is loved and respected here) but she declined stating she no longer wants her children in the spotlight. I can relate, I no longer want my children living in this country...sad to say

LOL Hey Terry its comforting to know you will treat me like you do your chickens.

I think the guy you guys were planning on banning was Trump himself Terry ? Not a bad idea I wish we could.

xox

Leave a comment:

• Terry
    replied
    Don't worry Cc;

You will be treated like my other birds, very well.

I'll make room for the bed then and turn the heating up a little.

This Trump guy, is he a relative to the one that people wanted to ban from our country a year ago over things he said?

Love Terry

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    I fear for America, and the world, I am devastated that Trump, how I wish it had been Michelle Obama, that lady has so much class

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) is an American immigration policy passed by President Obama as an executive action that allows certain undocumented immigrants to the United States who entered the country before their 16th birthday and before June 2007 to receive a renewable two-year work permit and exemption from deportation. DACA confers non-immigrant legal status but does not provide a path to citizenship. It was started by the Obama administration in June 2012

Trump has stated upon being sworn in as President one of his first orders of business will be to deport 2-3 million immigrants.

People, and Officials in Cities and States around the country are rising up to stand behind DACA, and those families it effects stating they will not allow it.

Trump 'threatened' that any States that resists this he will cut off Federal funding to that State.

The nightmare is beginning Gang....

This makes me think about the Trump voters, and what Jesus said when nailed to the cross, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing."

Terry 50 pence a night for a chicken shed is starting to look like a pretty good deal, does it come with indoor plumbing, and bathroom privileges ??

xox

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi Nettie

I think Americans have been watching too much reality TV, and lost their brains along the way, I really do!

I don't believe those that elected this Lunatic really understand what they have done, and how dangerous to our democracy he really is. Because if they do understand that makes it all the more worse in my opinion.

We are being told by respectable leaders that we all must come together now, and stand united by our new President Elect to help heal and bring this country back together again. Clearly this country was never together even before Trump if so many share his views.

I can't and won't get behind Trump, which is very distressing to me and un-American because we need him to succeed for us to succeed as a Nation, but I can't do it I despise everything he stands for.

He will have to do something drastic to get impeached Nettie, and his party has control of the Senate they will do everything to hold onto this power.

Scary, and upsetting times indeed

xox

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I find it incredulous that all those American Trump supporters (and indeed Trump himself) seem to have forgotten that all inhabitants of the USA , apart from the native Red Indians, are either immigrants or descended from immigrants! Double standards along with paranoia seems to describe the "Trumpet"!
    How would you folks go about impeachment? I suspect it's not a simple process.
    Scared with you ... Nettie

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi Lorret

So many are afraid here as well, but we did this to ourselves, and will now have to live with all the repercussions of it.

Those that elected this monster will have to deal with the nightmares he creates. It's just very distressing for the rest of us, and the world for that matter that wanted no part of this, and will now too be dragged into it for the next four years.

Yes that is the only consoling thought Lorett that the sane, rational people will be watching every move he makes. Although my concern is of those that he is now choosing to surround, and empower himself with. I believe he is a dictator, and will pick those that will fall in line for him as well as share his sick warped views of the world.

As much as I didn't want my son at the protest I believe it will be the protesters that will be the ones to ensure that our liberties, and democracy won't come under threat with this new leadership, but really praying it won't come to that.

This was no ordinary election, and the stakes were very high. I really am trying to stay positive, but having a hard time at the moment trying to find anything positive about this

CCxox
    Last edited by ccinjersey; 12 November 2016, 04:13.

Leave a comment:

• lorret
    replied
    Cc , alot of people here are afraid of what will happen. Hopefully he won't be allowed to do anything without someone looking over his shoulder.
    I'm pleased it was helpful . Lorret

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi Lorret

I wanted to tell you I was able to print the image you sent of your newspaper. I was at work when saw it, and printed it. I showed it to a lot of coworkers who are still walking around in shock, and disbelief. The image did touch a nerve, and a few asked for a copy of it.

Your newspaper showed Americans what other countries are feeling, and thinking of this as well. Sometimes we Americans forget there is a big world out there besides ourselves, and the impact we can have on it.

Thanks again for sharing it.
    CCxox

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Wow very powerful Lorret,and exactly how sooo many of us are feeling right now.

What did we do ????? I can't get my head around it.

A woman I work with who has been campaigning for Hillary has called out of work since Tuesday. She been texting me saying she can't get out of bed and can't stop crying. She said she feels like she is mourning Hillary's defeat. Many people having a very hard time with this.

I'm passed the fact Hillary lost. My mind is now too worried, scared and concerned where we are headed with the Lunatic leading the way, and the real possibilities he will take us backwards instead of forward.

My son works in a food store while in college and said there are a few Mexican kids working there who put out all the produce. He told me during break one of these kids was literally crying and scared he and his family are going to be deported now. I know how this angered my son and one of the reason he went to the City to protest...just all so upsetting

That image on the cover of your newspaper reminded me of an image our paper put out right after 9/11... it was the Statue of Liberty too, and she was sitting (not standing) on her stand with her hands over her face crying...it was moving and powerful too.

Thanks for sharing Lorret going to print it.

CCxox

Leave a comment:

• lorret
    replied
    Hi Cc I didn't think he would make it this far either
    In a national paper(daily mirror)they put a fantastic picture on their front page. Lorret

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi Dave, Barry, Wendy, All

I'm not a fan or agree with Pence's political views, but he is the lesser of two evils. Agree Dave Trump has no political background, and I think too will have to rely heavily on his party, and their leadership. Not a good thing for Democrats

It's extremely upsetting to think all the good work, and progress Obama has done, and made these past eight years can, and will be undone by this maniac.

My kids along with so many have been so upset, There were protests around the country last night and a big one in NYC. My son went with some friends to the City to be part of it, but I begged him not to go. Protests can easily turn violent, and this is the 'gun' country, but he went he said they are going because they feel powerless, and need to do something, and that Trump is not their President, not their voice, and does not represent them. Thank god it was a peaceful protest.

I find it very disturbing what this says to our children that have been watching and listening to the things Trump has said, and the way he has behaved, and we the adults now elected him President. A message that says bigotry, sexism ,xenophobia, and downright hatred is all ok with us. Makes me cry.

Thanks for the offer Barry much appreciated, yes Tuscany is beautiful Wendy

I have this fantasy that all the big Mob guys are all siting around in some dark, secret room somewhere now, smoking cigars, drinking wine, eating prosciutto, and planning and plotting their hit on Trump LoL I really do!! just makes me sooo happy to think

xox

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Well if you have to go to hell in a handbag, Tuscany is a lovely place to do it.
    Wendy x

Leave a comment:

Working...
X