X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barry52
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2012

Thanks for the trip down memory lane Graham. Another song that got my attention as a 19 year old. Sad that Jim Morrison died one month after it’s release, albeit self inflicted due to drug abuse.

Doug should have had this song on repeat during his road trip.

Barry
    I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

• Hi Doug, Barry,

You have a lot of catching up to do on songs Doug. lol. Here is another one that may spark more memories.

NAT KING COLEOFFICIAL FAN CLUB GENE VINCENT "LONELY STREET" http://www.facebook.com/pages/GENE-VINCENT-FAN-CLUB/228785458542 (Facebook)OFFICIAL FAN CLUB LON...

Yes Barry, such a waste of talent.

Comment

• Doug Carpenter
        Forum Member
        • May 2017

Thanks Graham!

A classic.

I don't think I drove much of Route 66 then. It has been decommissioned.

During a later trip I drove up the classic Highway 1 from LA to San Francisco. It was while Clint Eastwood was mayor of Carmel. He wasn't in when I called!

Doug
        Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

• Barry52
          Forum Member
          • Mar 2012

Hi Doug,

I did the LA to Chicago route 5 years ago but I took the easy option by using Amtrak. 4 days and nights on a train but wow, did we see some sights! Can’t get that at 35,000 ft.

My favourite road song is this. I chose the live version to demonstrate the talent of the musicians. It’s a long song but I love the way the tempo changes several times.

Barry

I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

• Doug Carpenter
            Forum Member
            • May 2017

Thanks Barry

Marvellous!

I've thought about that Amtrack journey several times over the years. Too late now. It must have been beautiful.

Stay safe!

Doug
            Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

Working...
            X