Big Gee's music thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Barry.

Thanks for posting that great song and video. You will have plenty of time to play it many times during your 200 mile journey - and it will probably be played many times on the radio tomorrow too!

Hope journey goes smoothly and that you have a great Christmas with your mum. I imagine that she is a very warm and friendly lady - probably a very kind-hearted 'sweetie' just like you!

Kayleigh x

(Sorry - I promise no more references to you working in a sugar factory from now on!)
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 24 December 2018, 00:14.

Comment

Nice video, and great song Barry

This one is fairly new I think it came out last year ...a happy song and cute video

Gwen Stefani - You Make It Feel Like Christmas ft. Blake Shelton ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZT9_H4-hbM

Comment

Hi Barry,
        Hope your journey didn't take too long today and that you enjoyed listening to some good music.
        Merry Christmas
        Kayleigh

Comment

Great journey home and never once heard Chris Rea but plenty of other Christmas songs. Must have been tired as I fell over when putting things away. Nursing a bruised hip but nothing broken. As they say you can’t keep a good man down.

Merry Christmas everyone.
          I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Hi Barry,

Good to hear that the journey went well. I am so surprised about not hearing Chris Rea on the radio. I usually hear that 'Driving Home' song being played every Christmas Eve on Radio 2.

I watched my favourite animation The Snowman on TV today and have watched an old Top of the Pops from the 1960's (the song you posted for Terry was on it). I have not really been interested in much music from 1960s or 70's before (apart from Abba and Fleetwood Mac) - must be you, Terry, and CC educating me!

Sorry to hear about your fall - it must have been painful and a nasty shock for you, but I am glad that you didn't suffer any broken bones or fractures (the last thing any of us want is a trip to A&E especially at this time of year!)

I hope that your hip is OK. Hopefully you can take things easy for a while so that you can recover from the fall.

I hope you and your family have a great Christmas.

Kayleigh x

P.S Yes, I am being a bit of a night owl again - but as it's Christmas Eve, I am following that modern tradition of following Santa on 'Google Santa Tracker'. Forget about 'Dr Google' everyone, Google Santa Tracker is much more fun! Santa is currently in Senegal and next stop is The Gambia. Although it's really for kids, I follow it for educational reasons (LOL) - and why have I strangely developed an interest in geography, I hear you ask? - so that I can answer questions about obscure countries on my favourite quiz show Pointless, of course! I never knew that the country Guinea Bissau even existed before Santa educated me!☺
            Last edited by Kayleigh; 25 December 2018, 01:17.

Comment

You know who's it's for:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8N-KQauHts
              Last edited by Terry; 5 January 2019, 20:24.
              TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Hi sweet-talking Santa,

Lovely to see that you haven't hung up your hat and coat until the next festive season, just yet. I expect that the fun-loving Top Cat is still cat-napping after his New Years Eve all-nighter!

Looks like even after all those festive romantic capers, CC didn't jet off to Italy (the lure of Barry's Tuscan chicken shed just wasn't enough to tempt her away from her TC!)

How dare you make that insinuation about my good friend- what a cheek - where's your proof? - my good friend should call her lawyers! LOL

I think you are mistaken, you should be playing this for her instead:-

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vu7RSfHYH74

Kayleigh x
                Last edited by Kayleigh; 6 January 2019, 00:01.

Comment

He knows it's for him..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0vJNp5asqc

CCxox

Comment

I see that our sweet-talking Santa has returned to Lapland for a well-deserved rest.

Nice to see your back Top Cat! This is for you .....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CiKsJqYmvGM

Comment

Hi Barry,

I couldn't help noticing your new avatar picture. Looks like a rather lovely couple are enjoying a holiday somewhere sunny and very picturesque - possibly Italy?

Thought I would post a song by my other favourite Barry - 2nd to you, of course!

His music may not be everyone's favourite, but the audience look like they are definitely enjoying it! .....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gpVbGAgQlP4

Best wishes,
                      Kayleigh x
                      Last edited by Kayleigh; 7 January 2019, 20:22.

Comment

Hi Kayleigh,

The new avatar is Machu Picchu in 2014 (part of my bucket list). Photo spoilt by my wife and her M&S carrier bag. At the time I was using a walking stick.

Speaking of Barry’s , Gibb and White are okay but I was never a fan of Manilow. Then again I never liked Elvis so what do I know!.

Barry x
                        I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Hi Barry.

I was way off with my guess that it was Italy - must have been thinking about previous posts re: Tuscan chicken sheds etc!

That must have been a fabulous holiday in Peru. Such a great picture - and I didn't notice the M&S bag! I expect that you and your wife are very well travelled and that you have some terrific photos and wonderful memories to include in your 2nd book.

It is a shame that you are not a fan of Barry M., but I am glad that you don't mind Barry White - as he happens to be my 3rd favourite Barry! And talking of Italy, my favourite opera singer is the wonderful Italian tenor, Pavarotti.

Barry W. and Pavarotti happen to have sung a duet of my favourite Barry White song - it's a 'smoochie', that could have possibly been written for our very own TC & CC! LOL .........

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vv6mjNDWSys

Best wishes,

Kayleigh

Comment

Just another "Zager And Evans" classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izQB2-Kmiic
                            TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Hi Kayleigh

I love that Barry White song, and never heard that version of him singing it with Luciano Pavarotti. Have to say there was something surreal about watching them do that particular song together ????? lol

Terry I never heard of those guys or that song, they must be British ?? or way before my time. That looked like 60's maybe early 70's ??

CCxox

Comment

Hi CC,

Great that I have found another Barry White fan! - you have such good taste in music CC!!! I love all Barry White's songs.

Admittidly, I wouldn't have automatically thought of Barry W. duetting with Pavarotti, but I think that they sound great together in that version of 'your my first'.

I have previously heard the song that Terry posted by 'Zager and Evans', on 'golden oldies' radio shows . I didn't know anything about the them though, until I googled them today. Apparently, they are an American duo who had a number 1 hit with that song in American and the UK in 1969 (I guess that must have been well before your time CC, which explains why you haven't heard of them!). I like the song and I havn't seen the video before, and so thanks for posting the link to it Terry. One thing struck me as unusual - do their guitars in the video seem rather large? - it could be my eyesight getting a bit dodgy in my old (but not very old!) age! LOL

I quite like music sung by Kirsty Maccoll, and this song reminds me of the twists and turns of a certain fun-filled, comedic 'festive romance', talked about on this thread in December........

https://www.google.com/search?q=kirs...&bih=559&dpr=2

Love and best wishes,
                                Kayleigh x

P.S I hear that Barry might be selling his chicken shed in Tuscany - because he is so very heartbroken about you not taking him up on his offer! LOL
                                Last edited by Kayleigh; 26 January 2019, 00:23.

Comment

Working...
                                X