X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Stephen Hawking Page to this Forum?

1200px-Hubble_ultra_deep_field_high_rez_edit1.jpg
    Copyright Graham

Each slither of light represents a galaxy the size of our Milky Way containing over 200,000,000,000 stars, of which our sun is just 1.

It is no wonder our Stephen maintained his zest for life until the very end as he unlocked some of its wonder and as we have to retreat inside our minds, we can still continue on Stephen's journey.
    Copyright Graham

Comment

What a fabulous photo and sentiment

Comment

Wonderful Thank you xxx

Comment

I like all those lovely stars, planets ok that sounds childish but i just wish we could turn the lights off so we could have a better view. The thought that space goes on and on I find hard to comprehend. Stephen hawking was just out of this world he's more than inspirational. He had mnd for a long time there must have been something in him that fought back.

Comment

They are not stars Denise, each speck of light is an entire galaxy of over 200,000,000,000 stars. Look closely and you can some classical galaxy shapes.
            Copyright Graham

Comment

thats even more mind blowing. we can not be the only ones there must be life out there somewhere. where did you get the photo its incredible. before i looked at it on my phone but on my pc - wow.

Comment

Can you imagine what the headlines will be on Mars?? ALIENS FROM EARTH ARE PREPARING TO INVADE OUR PLANET.

Can you see the irony?
                Copyright Graham

Comment

most definately. think we need to sort out the mess here before we go anywhere else.

Comment

It was from Hubble looking at a 'dark' piece of space for a few days. Just a very tiny piece of sky contains all those galaxies.

I was thinking of 'The War of the Worlds' irony, but I see the irony of us littering multiple planets with our junk.
                    Copyright Graham

Comment

and in the war of the worlds they died of measles or something. covid we would probably take to them. nothing like sharing.

Comment

Phosphine, a marker of organic life has just been found on Venus.

Does this mean we will be invading the planet on our next mission there?

Copyright Graham

Comment

Certainly looks like it

Comment

It will be interesting to see how our 'enlightened' space-faring community react. However, some extremophile microbial lifeforms on Earth can tolerate space, so it may have originated on Earth.
                            Copyright Graham

Comment

What if it came to earth from Venus and became us!

Comment

Working...
                              X