Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• denise
    replied
    Wouldn't you think the newspaper would have blocked the toilets?

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Well beat this. I was only a baby but we lived in a small terraced house and next door was the butchers/slaughter house. The bull used to be on a chain attached to the wall which happened to be our toilet down the yard (only toilet and outside tap) the squares of newspapers hung on one side of the wall and the bull on the other. My dad used to fear the bull would relocate the wall with him seated. Many a time the animals would escape and end up in our back yard. Had I been older I would have taken them in and kept them safe πŸ™‚πŸ·πŸ„πŸπŸ‘

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    It seems I’m not the only person who remembers the squares of newspaper hanging on a hook in grandma’s outside toilet with a candle burning in winter to stop the cistern freezing. Ah the kids today don’t know what it was like.

Barry

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Like to know what else was on the list after loo roll.

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Wiping with an iPad, oh yuk!

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Haha that's a point I bet there's not as many newspapers in circulation as there used to be. 🀣

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Barry52 Yeah, wiping with an iPad just doesn't work 🀣

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    I just hope they keep printing newspapers.

Barry

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    I just don't understand the loo roll thing. Is what comes out more important than what goes in? 😊x

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    So a lot of the UK is in lock down or What? I see pubs have to shut early but then years ago they shut at 10.30 or 11pm anyway. Does everyone get to stay home or What? It all seems rather confusing. One minute everyone had to go back to work and now it's a case of staying home and the supermarkets limiting the sale of loo roll? πŸ€”

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    they really do need to come up with a better way of testing. i thought someone came up with a test that was just on saliva. if it is as horrible as you say then people are not going to want to keep doing it.

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    Lol, I don't think they come much bigger, brutal like I said.☹️x

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Matthew you are hoping to get it but you don't actually think it's about. So we all die and you and the last one left because you are a non believer πŸ€£πŸ€” next time you go to the hospital they'll use a bigger prod up your nose. πŸ˜‰

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    My friend if you believe the news 200% then I'm very happy for you. I don't. πŸ˜€

Leave a comment:

• nunhead_man
    replied
    Hi Matthew,

Generally doctors are held by confidentiality.

Figures of mortality hospital by hospital and disease by disease are to be found on the relevant gov site.

I do not have the time to Google for the current figures today but see this https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-15897345

Leave a comment:

Working...
X