Stephen Hawking Page - Deconstructing English Language

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stephen Hawking Page - Deconstructing English Language

I know that this may seem somewhat abstract or even bizzare to some, but one has to ask quite fundimental questions about the written word.

i no dat dis may sem sumwot abstrct or evn bizr 2 sum, bt 1 hs 2 ask qit fndmntl qs bout t rtn wrd
    Copyright Graham

Seriously? It's what the young are doing to be different. šŸ˜Š

Comment

ys, t yung r on2 somut. bit-chv lik bt com iz fstr. hlpz 4 ppl lik uz ho gt tird ritn. hop u cn folw, n if so gr8. ow r u atm?
      Copyright Graham

Comment

Sorry but I think we have the richest and greatest language and I don't like the way it's being eroded. šŸ˜ž

Comment

It's a bit like speed writing. I always thought when I attended school that it would have been useful to have learnt shorthand as so many teachers liked to dictate lessons.

Comment

The English language is always evolving but I would prefer to learn a foreign language than this nonsense.

Barry
            Iā€™m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Exactly Denise. I am looking to create a program equivalent to shorthand. I am really frustrated with my Smartbox/Grid. It is anything but smart. By the time I have typed silent letters and the rest, I am... knackered.
              Copyright Graham

Comment

Read that the MNDA is working with Google to improve our communication, just like I am. Game ON.
                Copyright Graham

Comment

We that's great news. If anyone can do it it's them. Sorry graham I am sure you could but there's more of them

Comment

I was thinking that recording sentences and pretyped sentences are fine if asking for a cup of tea or general small chat but trying to converse with someone must be so frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post
                      I was thinking that recording sentences and pretyped sentences are fine if asking for a cup of tea or general small chat but trying to converse with someone must be so frustrating.
                      I think most people with MND could write a book on frustration, Denise. I certainly could. As Matthew said somewhere else, the main problem is that by the time you've typed something the conversation has moved on. It's like being in a Two Ronnies sketch, if you can remember them.
                      Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

Exactly, Gary, Denise. You have to live it to understand it, but boy I've cracked it. I must keep it secret to stop Google stealing my ideas.

I read a lot of posts on here and realise that my app will solve many problems. MNDA/Google need to pull their finger out or else I will beat them to it.
                        Copyright Graham

Comment

I read about the MNDA working with Google on next month's AGM bulletin and so hopefully we will have an update next month.
                          Last edited by Graham; 25 September 2020, 01:13.
                          Copyright Graham

Comment

One thing I have found with txt to speech is you have to forget spelling and just write how it sounds. My biggest moan is the lack of emotion, even Data sounded human. šŸ˜‰

Comment

I can imagine your problems because I was, not so much now, a very fast typist. No way could I have kept up with a conversation. If you don't react quick enough people think your not there.
                              I always wondered what they use in court when you see someone using some kind of equipment to follow proceedings.
                              yes I do recall the 2 Ronnie.
                              well done to you graham if you have sorted this one. Shame Google didn't get into it a lot earlier.
                              šŸ™‚

Comment

Working...
                              X