No announcement yet.

Stephen Hawking Page - Deconstructing English Language

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thing is that I can still hear my own voice in my head, accent'n'all. I am hoping MNDA/Google are able to pick up those brainwaves as they restore my voice. My method is only VS2019 based.
    Last edited by Graham; 26 September 2020, 02:24.
    Copyright Graham

Comment

You would think it was technically feasible (even if very costly) to pick up the brain waves and use them to control a speech synthesizer. How you would stop it uttering every thought though is another problem entirely.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...ech-180971385/
      Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

Now I thought along those lines but yeah I mean if you found yourself saying what you hoped to keep to yourself 🤣

Comment

The words that I say must be formed by the brain in the first instance. For example, I speak the French, 'Un petit peu', as I write this. The key is to lock onto the brainwaves that are sent down the cortico-bulbar tract. They will reveal themselves by a phonetic cadence encoded as mouth apparatus movements.

Going a level higher Denise, could mean Gary and I will have to wash your brain out with soap 'n water.
          Last edited by Graham; 28 September 2020, 03:52.
          Copyright Graham

Comment

denise They have a special machine to court type, I seen it on a murder mystery on TV. It is narrower and less keys, you need special training, appartently. i did shorthand, not very good at it but it is useful. I type faster than I can write but not amazingly fast. I type and text for my husband, not heard back from any tech stuff through the MND nurse. Mainly concentrating on getting suitable accomodation as this is a stair nightmare. Got a viewing today. cross fingers.

Comment

I did try short hand but had trouble reading it back. trying to read back short hand done by someone else was even worse. If i could read the wrong scenario into it you wouldn't believe what i would come up with! ha I never have bad thoughts well now and again. Stops me going loopy. 😊

Comment

Thinking of you today dee i hope it works out.
                I think i have been able to type for so long that i now find it difficult to write. I can't write quick enough.
                I'd love to see how those court machines work. Those using them always look so relaxed. 🤔

Comment

Sometimes we mouth our thoughts!
                  ok threatening to give my husband a diy peg was probably an evil thought 😈

Comment

GL wit bung D.

plz humor me. i no dis not prty n sum hate it, but t imprtnt ting is can u undstnd me? its imprtnt cos s/w can xpnd it 2 mak it mor redabl. try sum urslf.

defo ned a shrthnd n sum ruls cn b estblsh ere by suk n c.
                    Copyright Graham

Comment

Ok firstly didn't understand:gl wit bung d.
                      or: suk nc
                      predictive text needs turning off and don't have a cat on your lap.

ys I undstnd u. Rely hv to hv sum ruls. Dfcult cos hvg 2 tnk abt it.

translate: yes I understand you. Really have to have some rules. Difficult because having to think about it.

and it's only 8am

Comment

I gt mst f it, bt not th 'GL wit bung D'

suck and see, Denise
                        Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

What happened to learning how to spell? 😉

Comment

Think graham failed 😄

Comment

we no wot apnd 2 t cat wen he thort rong denise, hmmmm?

gl - good luck

bung - bungalow

owevr, dis neds a cntxt txlatr, wotz v dif.

t pln is 2 av a 'translate' btn on t tskbr n it wil mak brnd sprkln English dat evn mat n baz will rd.

it cert hlp me 2 wrt in shrthnd
                              Copyright Graham

Comment

It's just bad enough people thinking I'm a moron when I try and speak, then if this forum became like that I would be killing myself a !ot earlier.

Comment

Working...
                                X