• Show
Clear All

• denise
    replied
    Nothing like variation to keep us all going 😐

Leave a comment:

• Graham
    replied
    Sadly, it is the nature of MND. Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy today and shorthand to English converters tomorrow. It is important to embrace new technology if you wish to live.

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    It's just bad enough people thinking I'm a moron when I try and speak, then if this forum became like that I would be killing myself a !ot earlier.

Leave a comment:

• Graham
    replied
    we no wot apnd 2 t cat wen he thort rong denise, hmmmm?

gl - good luck

bung - bungalow

owevr, dis neds a cntxt txlatr, wotz v dif.

t pln is 2 av a 'translate' btn on t tskbr n it wil mak brnd sprkln English dat evn mat n baz will rd.

it cert hlp me 2 wrt in shrthnd

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Think graham failed 😄

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    What happened to learning how to spell? 😉

Leave a comment:

• GaryM
    replied
    I gt mst f it, bt not th 'GL wit bung D'

suck and see, Denise

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Ok firstly didn't understand:gl wit bung d.
    or: suk nc
    predictive text needs turning off and don't have a cat on your lap.

ys I undstnd u. Rely hv to hv sum ruls. Dfcult cos hvg 2 tnk abt it.

translate: yes I understand you. Really have to have some rules. Difficult because having to think about it.

and it's only 8am

Leave a comment:

• Graham
    replied
    GL wit bung D.

plz humor me. i no dis not prty n sum hate it, but t imprtnt ting is can u undstnd me? its imprtnt cos s/w can xpnd it 2 mak it mor redabl. try sum urslf.

defo ned a shrthnd n sum ruls cn b estblsh ere by suk n c.

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Sometimes we mouth our thoughts!
    ok threatening to give my husband a diy peg was probably an evil thought 😈

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Thinking of you today dee i hope it works out.
    I think i have been able to type for so long that i now find it difficult to write. I can't write quick enough.
    I'd love to see how those court machines work. Those using them always look so relaxed. 🤔

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    I did try short hand but had trouble reading it back. trying to read back short hand done by someone else was even worse. If i could read the wrong scenario into it you wouldn't believe what i would come up with! ha I never have bad thoughts well now and again. Stops me going loopy. 😊

Leave a comment:

• DeeH
    replied
    denise They have a special machine to court type, I seen it on a murder mystery on TV. It is narrower and less keys, you need special training, appartently. i did shorthand, not very good at it but it is useful. I type faster than I can write but not amazingly fast. I type and text for my husband, not heard back from any tech stuff through the MND nurse. Mainly concentrating on getting suitable accomodation as this is a stair nightmare. Got a viewing today. cross fingers.

Leave a comment:

• Graham
    replied
    The words that I say must be formed by the brain in the first instance. For example, I speak the French, 'Un petit peu', as I write this. The key is to lock onto the brainwaves that are sent down the cortico-bulbar tract. They will reveal themselves by a phonetic cadence encoded as mouth apparatus movements.

Going a level higher Denise, could mean Gary and I will have to wash your brain out with soap 'n water.
    Last edited by Graham; 28 September 2020, 03:52.

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Now I thought along those lines but yeah I mean if you found yourself saying what you hoped to keep to yourself 🤣

Leave a comment:

Working...
X