Football no more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Football no more

I have loved football and my team for 47 years but three games in and I'm thinking of watching something else. You can't celebrate a goal when it happens and you are punished for a strong performance. I heard ice hockey is quite exciting? 😠

I watch ice skating and gymnastics. Not into games involving balls. Husband watching Adventures in Narrow Boating on Prime, 6 seasons of that. Appartently women's football is exciting.

Comment

Don't watch the bits you don't like. You can celebrate no one can see you. Seems daft to give up after so long. Anyway getting annoyed is good for you isn't that what watching is all about? Then you can jump up and down with the good bits. Uses up all that energy. You could run round disguised as a werewolf 🀣🐺

Comment

If there wasn't any football you'd complain about that as well πŸ™„

Comment

Don't know if you've got access to Netflix, Matthew, but we've just finished watching 'The English Game'. A drama series about the beginnings of the Football League in the late 19th century. Well recommended and I'm not a football fan.
          Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

I gather you are talking about attending a football match not watching it at home?

Comment

Once upon a time a long time ago I was a season ticket holder. I am still mulling over the problem and I will watch and see what develops. Besides as a dying man I need to embrace what life I have left don't I? x

Comment

With everything that is going on I'm surprised they have season tickets because they might just stop letting anyone in.
                what happened to planting bulbs and being positive? Get out and enjoy what you can do. Better than not going at all. Walk from fridge to sofa can get a bit boring xx 😊

Comment

I had a season ticket I don't have one now. I would love to get out and about but I don't have the energy. 😞

Comment

I enjoyed watching ice hockey during the last Olympics, mind you couldn't always keep my eyes on the puck it moved that fast 😁

Darts is a good watch - fast paced and short games/matches - but I get bored watching it after a while.

My favourites to watch are rugby and tennis, never a football fan (sorry!)
                    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Sorry you're not enjoying the football this season Matthew

I don't want to rub it in but i am loving watching my newly promoted team ( on telly !) . I've been going to Elland Road since my Dad took me when I was a little girl. Before lockdown I often had a wheelchair space at the ground although I found it very cold and jumping up at a goal could be very dangerous.

Hope you fall back in love with football again soon Matthew.
                      Love Debbie x

Comment

You're missing my point. I hate VAR not football. I want my football back. 😊

Comment

Having been used to championship referees I quite like VAR although I know noone else does . 😊

Comment

Oh I see. Well i think I do, I gather it's the video thing that makes decisions? Why don't you like it?

Comment

Your team scores and you cheer, the game is restarted and goes on for a few minutes then...... NO GOAL VAR.
                              Or the ball is deliberately kicked onto the arm of a defender in the box and PENALTY VAR. Oh and the defender doesn't get a red. I think it's because some idiot wanted more goals. 😠

Comment

Working...
                              X