Hugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning Honeybuns.
    Today I offer you all a "cwtch" which is a comforting cuddle, just in Welsh.
    Hi, I'm Eddie.
    Started with wobbly left ankle in Nov 2020. Diagnosed 22 Oct 2021, confirmed by 2nd opinion 4 days later.
    Still walking and talking, and wondering what the future will bring.

Comment

Wow , Welsh hugs, woolly? Strong Steel hugs from Steel city? X
      Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

Welsh hugs wanted. How do we pronounce cwtch? ๐Ÿค”
        when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Needing extra hugs todayโ€ฆdamned pills stuck in my throat and melted, burning pain was brutal! Iโ€™m dreading to take them each day as this is happening more frequently โ˜น๏ธ๐Ÿ˜ฎโ€๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ’Š๐Ÿฅต๐Ÿ”ฅ

Comment

Morning hugs here. Angie that sounds horrible. Can you get your meds in liquid form? Can they be crushed? Some pills I'm sure have not been made to swallow! ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post
              Welsh hugs wanted. How do we pronounce cwtch? ๐Ÿค”
              Rhymes with the first syllable of "butcher"
              Hi, I'm Eddie.
              Started with wobbly left ankle in Nov 2020. Diagnosed 22 Oct 2021, confirmed by 2nd opinion 4 days later.
              Still walking and talking, and wondering what the future will bring.

Comment

Butcher! Crumbs doesn't sound very cuddly. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Comment

Hugs to everyone especially Angie x
                  Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

Originally posted by AngieCanuck View Post
                    Needing extra hugs todayโ€ฆdamned pills stuck in my throat and melted, burning pain was brutal! Iโ€™m dreading to take them each day as this is happening more frequently โ˜น๏ธ๐Ÿ˜ฎโ€๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ’Š๐Ÿฅต๐Ÿ”ฅ
                    Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. Not only the burning pain but the inability to breathe too. Awful. Since then I always remember to have a drink just before taking pills, to make sure my mouth and throat are not at all dry, which is what caused the pill to get stuck. But I still worry it might happen again. And mine was just a tiny blood-pressure pill.
                    Diagnosed November 21, ALS limb onset, started in right hand June 2020

Comment

Hugs to all ๐Ÿค—

AngieCanuck

That sounds painful. Try taking them with a bit of yoghurt or a teaspoon of jam. x

denise
                      It is pronounced cutch and means a hug or cuddle. I lived in Wales for nine years.

Diagnosed 3rd November 2021 Bulbar Onset

Comment

Thanks everyone for the extra hugs! I took your advice GillB and took them each with a tablespoon of applesauce, and it worked!
                        Applesauce hugs for all! ๐Ÿค—

Comment

Morning and a lovely hug for everyone.
                          ๐Ÿ˜˜

Comment

Custard works too. Soft Custardy hugs everyone xx

Comment

Hugs for all ๐Ÿค—

AngieCanuck

Glad it worked x
                              Diagnosed 3rd November 2021 Bulbar Onset

Comment

You might not believe this but I was having problems unblocking the sink. Anyway I had some custard stuck in the pan and I forgot it was blocked and emptied it into the sink and turned the tap on. Hey presto unblocked sink!!!
                                ๐Ÿคญ

Comment

Working...
                                X