Hugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Take the breath of the new dawn and make it part of you". Hopi
    To all you battling heroines and heroes especially Denise and TinyLady, love and hugs to you xx
    denise
    TinyLady
    Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

Hugs for all! Heading to the Champagne region, tasting at Veuve and then overnight in Troyes.
      Having a good time, despite nearly aspirating lunch at a 2 star Michelin restaurant 🫒😬

Attached Files

Comment

AngieCanuck lovely picture of you. Well what a grade AAA to aspirate eh!
        Glad your have an amazing time x
        Diagnosed May 2021 bulbar onset als.

Comment

We really aren't jealous πŸ˜‰
          when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

No Elsie. πŸ€”

Comment

Heather R - you will never know how much I needed that hug just now. It seems there is a cavernous dungeon below rock bottom and you threw me a rope xx
              Diagnosis confirmed as atypical ALS Jan 2022 (age 46) after several years misdiagnosed.

Symptoms began in left foot 2017. Now widespread. Powerchair user, useless left arm and clumsy right hand but generally positive!

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post
                No Elsie. πŸ€”
                I bet her ears are burning
                I do hope that Hugs are part of her respite package - we could all do with a daily dose.
                Hi, I'm Eddie.
                Started with wobbly left ankle in Nov 2020. Diagnosed 22 Oct 2021, confirmed by 2nd opinion 4 days later.
                Still walking and talking, and wondering what the future will bring.

Comment

Originally posted by WheelsOfSteel View Post
                  I do hope that Hugs are part of her respite package
                  They are now 😘😘

Happy hugs to all πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—
                  ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                  Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

I'm getting hugs and early bird muddled up but anyway our flat is quite high up so I can watch the birds, mainly seagulls, rooks, jackals, pigeons and magpies. Jackdaws not jackals - really have to watch these auto correct things πŸ™„. Anyway I kept asking Stephen if he could see little heads peaking out through the chimney pots. No he couldn't, surprising as he can see the traffic lights change on a far away bridge. Yesterday seagulls were sitting on top of the pots in their brown feathers trying to fly. Sliding down the roof tiles and making their way back up. I'm pretty sure there are 2 more waiting to come out. Men are working on a roof close by and the seagull parents are not happy. Birds flying round making a loud warning noise and flapping their wings being intimidating. Who needs TV?

Morning everyone xxxx

Comment

Wow it's all going on there Denise. I used to enjoy watching the birds on my bird feeders, but now I have to try to subdue impotent rage as the squirrel calmly scoffs the lot. Hugs everyone x
                      Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

I'm late to the hugs today. Had a very rough morning of pain, reflux, mucus issues and generally feeling rubbish. But oramorph and a day in bed have eased at least some of it. So big sweaty hugs from me!
                        Diagnosis confirmed as atypical ALS Jan 2022 (age 46) after several years misdiagnosed.

Symptoms began in left foot 2017. Now widespread. Powerchair user, useless left arm and clumsy right hand but generally positive!

Comment

Originally posted by TinyLady View Post
                          So big sweaty hugs from me!
                          And who could resist a big sweaty hug 😏😚😚 Thanks Tiny.

Have a dry hug from me πŸ€—

How is the wetroom progressing 🀞😬😘
                          ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                          Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

The wetroom is almost completed!! Looks pretty good in there. I'm just dreading the bill πŸ˜†

Comment

Dont wait for a perfect morning just take a morning and make it great.

Hugs here πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post
                                Dont wait for a perfect morning just take a morning and make it great.
                                Sound advice, and today is a fine morning to start with.
                                Hugs here too.
                                Hi, I'm Eddie.
                                Started with wobbly left ankle in Nov 2020. Diagnosed 22 Oct 2021, confirmed by 2nd opinion 4 days later.
                                Still walking and talking, and wondering what the future will bring.

Comment

Working...
                                X