Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

denise No smelling salts required.

🤗
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Ellie good to know 🤗😘
      when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

You've all given me a chuckle today. I'm doing gentle hugs today because the pain in my back and chest says so.

I wonder if Elsie Banksy will be popping over to Dublin for our party? Depends which bits she has working and if we need spare parts maybe?
        Diagnosis confirmed as atypical ALS Jan 2022 (age 46) after several years misdiagnosed.

Symptoms began in left foot 2017. Now widespread. Powerchair user, useless left arm and clumsy right hand but generally positive!

Comment

I wonder if Elsie Banksy will be popping over to Dublin for our party?
          ​​​TinyLady 🤣🤣 I think we need some suggestions for Elsie's profile picture!

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
          Tabbycat See what you started 😂😂😂
          Err.....yeah! Sorry about that 😻 😘 I feel this one is going to run and run!
          Started limping 2017, diagnosed August 2021. Wheelchair user and reduced shoulder and hand function. Trying to be positive 😺.

Comment

I put Elsie banksy in Google search. Nothing came up. I suspect shes already in Dublin. 🤭

I was looking at a map. Canada is a lot bigger than southern Ireland. We stand a better chance of landing in Canada. I think we would probably miss Dublin altogether. 🤓

Nothing from AngieCanuck? Wonder how shes getting on in France?
            🤔

Comment

Tabbycat and denise you did make me laugh. Yes, bet she is already in the stables in Dublin hiding out.... maybe her profile picture should be a horse?

Is the care reasonable in Canada? I'm still heading for Dublin. I don't intend to take any risks. But I will go via canada to puck up (I'll send a rope down 🤣). Maybe Elsie Banksy can do a nice mural as a landing pad?
              Diagnosis confirmed as atypical ALS Jan 2022 (age 46) after several years misdiagnosed.

Symptoms began in left foot 2017. Now widespread. Powerchair user, useless left arm and clumsy right hand but generally positive!

Comment

denise 2 more days in Paris and then back to the Great White North 🇨🇦. We’ve had a great time, but I’m spent! We have done so much…Reims, Troyes, Opal Coast, Honfleur, Rouen…
                We even tracked down the grave of a great great uncle who died in WW1.
                Today we went to Joan of Arc Musuem in Rouen, and found the elevator was not working. 80 steps…and now I’m totally ruined 😬😓, but I dragged myself (with the help of hubby) because I thought, “I’ve got to try while I can”. I’m looking forward to getting home…soooo tired!
                Care in Canada is pretty threadbare, but we do have Medically assisted Dying, which feels like a relief when I’m ready to throw in the towel. And all forms of marijuana are legal ☺️😂

Comment

AngieCanuck wow you have done amazing and packed in so much in such a short space of time. I have done quite a bit of Brittany and Caen area of Normandy but never got to Paris. Sounds wonderful. I hope your final 2 days goes well and the return journey. Not sure if Paris is having same heatwave we are in UK? Enjoy and mind u don't exhaust yourself. Xx
                  Diagnosed June 2022. Confirmed MND which is currently PLS. Limb onset.

Comment

AngieCanuck I am impressed but then if you've travelled all that way you've got to do as much as possible. I really loved France, wonderful people and every area had its own character. Paris was amazing though very busy and people not so friendly.

Morning everyone and hugs to you all while it's so much cooler.
                    🤗😘🤗🤗😘

Comment

Needing massaging hugs this morning…☹️ Yesterday’s over exertions yesterday have led to back muscles pulled. Too much cane 🦯 use I think. The irony is that it hurts more when sitting (in my wheelchair and inevitably on the 7 hour plane ride) 🥺

Comment

Oh AngieCanuck how upsetting have a really nice hug from me. It's not fair. Let's hope the airport and flight are kind to you.🤗

Could always fly back with us in the helicopter. 🤣

Xxx

Comment

AngieCanuck sounds like you have really made the most of things, lovely memories when you’re safely back home . All the best for the journey x
                          Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

And hugs everyone x
                            Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

AngieCanuck Oh that just sucks 😟

The memories will last longer than the pain (she says, crossing her fingers behind her back...) xxx

Comment

A new week means fresh hugs, no expiration date 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

Comment

Working...
                                X