Hugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denise View Post
    I cant think of a favourite year. Rather liked the '70s.
    You'd be on nappy changing duty and that was pre-Pampers ๐Ÿ˜
    โ€‹Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

โ€‹

Comment

My ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค— are large enough to reach Canada!!

โ€‹

Comment

Ellie no my kids 1981 and 1983. ๐Ÿ˜Š I remember real nappies, they looked nice on the line but the rest of the procedure was a bit messy.
        when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Ellie - yes, 1970's too early for me. I'd like to avoid all my childhood surgery too.

denise I remember those nappies. I used to have to change my little brother. I was aged 6 trying to fold a kite shape, add nappy liner, avoid the "sprinkler" and not skewer him with a massive safety pin!
          Diagnosis confirmed as atypical ALS Jan 2022 (age 46) after several years misdiagnosed.

Symptoms began in left foot 2017. Now widespread. Powerchair user, useless left arm and clumsy right hand but generally positive!

Comment

TinyLady those huge safety pins! Im not sure we would be allowed to use them now.

Remember the disposable nappies with my daughter. Those sticky strips would stick in the wrong place and then trying to unstick them. so much easier but even then I was wondering what they would do to the environment.

Comment

denise I'm just surprised my mum let me loose on my brother with one ๐Ÿคฃ

Then the nappy bucket and chemicals....

Put me right off when I had my daughters... I ended up using disposable ones but do feel bad about the environment now xx
              Diagnosis confirmed as atypical ALS Jan 2022 (age 46) after several years misdiagnosed.

Symptoms began in left foot 2017. Now widespread. Powerchair user, useless left arm and clumsy right hand but generally positive!

Comment

TinyLady napisan! Getting them out of the bucket into the washing machine was great fun.

I remember trying to peg them on the line. Freezing weather and I couldn't feel my hands.

Comment

denise... so glad that was my mum's problem. I was far too small ๐Ÿคฃ

Comment

TinyLady my son just loved to try and empty the contents out. Suppose he wanted to see what was all his own work ๐Ÿคฃ

Comment

Oh yuck denise!

Comment

The description of you reaching Canada made me think of mr tickle. For some reason my Ellie isn't working ๐Ÿ˜พ

Comment

It is now! How odd is that ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

Comment

I could do with a hug. Its been a dreadful week.

Comment

Big hugs Denise and everyone xx
                              Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

Pick-me-uppy ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค— for us all - I'll be glad to see the back of this week, that's for sure, wouldn't have got through it without you lovely supportive people, thank you from the bottom of my heart ๐Ÿ’–

โ€‹

Comment

Working...
                                X