No announcement yet.

Hugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh poor little Milly, Denise, what dramas are played out in your house, hope she has reappeared . Hugs for anyone who could do with one x
    Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

Thanks Heather R I must admit I have dropped in to collect a much-needed hug or two.
      I have documented my woes in a question about NIV on another thread.
      Also, I dropped into my old workplace to return some kit yesterday, then walked (wheeled) out of the door for the last time EVER and gave in my pass.
      End of an era
      Any hugs gratefully received today.
      Hi, I'm Eddie.
      Started with wobbly left ankle in Nov 2020. Diagnosed 22 Oct 2021, confirmed by 2nd opinion 4 days later.
      Full time powerchair user. Overnight NIV. PEG'ed but still eating. Voice banked but still talking.
      Still wondering what the future will bring.

Comment

Massive, massive hugs to you WheelsOfSteel

Massive all round long arm hugs to all others as well.

Just thought we could do a domino line hug and then one little push and we would all fall over.

Comment

WheelsOfSteel You have my sympathies Eddie. I remember my last day at work as if it were yesterday, gut wrenching...

image.png​ image.png image.png
          ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
          Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Sorry you've had a tough day WheelsOfSteel​​​​​​, I hope you get used to the NIV soon, it must be quite odd at first. You are such a positive influence on here, hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

Comment

Early morning hugs here. Woken up by two cats fighting either side of the bedroom door. No milly. I don't know what has happened to her.😣
              when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Hugs to WheelsOfSteel for loss of his job(what did you used to do?) and for bravely giving NIV another go, and hugs to everyone else who needs one x
                Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

Good morning my lovelies!
                  I'm bringing all the hugs to the party today Thanks for the support yesterday.

Heather R - I was a civil servant and they granted early retirement on medical grounds. They have been brilliant for me, but it was always going to be a strange moment to finally quit employment after 40 years.
                  Hi, I'm Eddie.
                  Started with wobbly left ankle in Nov 2020. Diagnosed 22 Oct 2021, confirmed by 2nd opinion 4 days later.
                  Full time powerchair user. Overnight NIV. PEG'ed but still eating. Voice banked but still talking.

Comment

Morning everyone. A hug would be wonderful. πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—

Comment

Hugs for Denise and anyone else needing one x

Comment

Morning Munchkins!
                        As you see by my tagline below today is my 1-year diagnosis anniversary (Yay!)
                        Some days you just have to spit in the devils' eye and remind yourself you are still alive, so I am having a day of self-indulgence and positive thoughts.
                        I'm off to make a bucket of coffee with crumpets and pain au chocolat.
                        You lovely folks have made the last year much easier to get through, so come on down, pull up a chair and get a big hug.
                        Hi, I'm Eddie.

Comment

I'm not quite sure if 'congrats on your one year anniversary' is quite the right wording in these circumstances!? A day of positive thoughts and pain au Chocolate sounds like a good day to me!

Comment

denise

Sending morning (mid day) hugs to you and all.

Last few days have had things racing along for me. So reality hitting.

Cake is soft though.

Big long armed, complete wrap around hugs to all.

Comment

Hugs πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€— here too.
                              ​
                              Started limping 2017, diagnosed August 2021. Wheelchair user and reduced shoulder and hand function. Trying to be positive 😺.

Comment

Morning everyone. Quite a storm last night. Lots of lightening then thunder and loads of rain. Suns out now.

Hugs to everyone
                                πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ€—

Comment

Working...
                                X