The Film Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jenni

Watching Run Fatboy Run too. I love it, always makes me smile.

Comment

• SGD

Dissapointed in latest X Files film - lovely Dana Scully though

Comment

• Jenni

Hooray for Gillian Anderson, she made it cool to be a redhead
        When I was a teenager, all the boys were hot for Scully.

Comment

• Chris

A good place for watching oldish films online free http://www.youtube.com/movies

Comment

• Robyn Copley-Hirst

try www.letmewatchthis.com too, Chris.

Comment

• SGD

Lovely Gillian Anderson

Comment

• Jenni

I've recently watched the remake of True Grit, which I thought was quite good. The little girl playing Matty really holds her own.

I also watched The Fighter, with Mark Wahlberg and Christian Bale. Another good film, and a true story to boot.

I'd recommend both.

Comment

• Chris

Hoping to watch both them films in next day or 2. Got a few to watch over next few days while my gf is off to London to celebrate Gary Barlows 40th!
                  Got 8 short films by Stephen King called knightmares and dreamscapes to watch

Comment

• Jenni

Oooh, do let me know what they're like. I haven't seen them, but I'm a big Stephen King fan.

Comment

• Chris

Another vampire type movie coming soon http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi931961625/

Comment

• rog

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                        Another vampire type movie coming soon http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi931961625/
                        It looks good, one to look forward to.

I like zombie films myself

Comment

• SGD

Just back from seeing the Green Hornet film with number one son (aged 14) his cousin 15 and friend also 14 - good action scenes and sets up the next film....and again, I got absolutely nothing out of 3D except a headache.

Comment

• Jenni

I hope to see Priest when it comes out, but to be honest, I'm not that keen on all these films being released as 3D. They're enjoyable when they're done properly, like the effects in Avatar - which I thought was an average film without the 3D.
                            I watched the latest Resident Evil film at the cinema and that seems to have been made purely so they could do some horror effects in 3D. Toy Story 3 was done tastefully, but then again I'm biased because I thought that film was completely brilliant.

Comment

• SGD

Not seen Toy Story 3 but heard it's incredibly moving. Can any forum member explain (in simple language please as I a bit thick) the difference between "In 3D" and "filmed in 3D" heard it's very expensive to film in 3D so presume post production doesn't have such good results. Got astigmatism so might explain why I sit there baffled - should I wear the specs over mine? Cineworld charge £2.10 adult and £1.50 for the privilege of not seeing a difference on top of 0.80p per set of glasses. I asked a lady in the cinema where the exit was, she said "Don't ask me I'm in the film"

Comment

• James Baker

It's a bit off topic, but if you do enjoy the cinema and you are in reciept of DLA or AA then you can apply for a card from the cinema exhibitors association which entitles holders to free entry for one person accompanying them to the cinema.

Details of the scheme and participating cinemas can be found at http://www.ceacard.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                                X