• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris

Just watched 127 hours, i thought it was very good and well worth seeing

Comment

• Jenni

Originally posted by G60dubber View Post
      Ur full of interesting facts Jenni :-), didn't know about Shawshank, fabulous film though .

Another film I enjoy watching is 'The Power of One', again not a patch on the novel by Bryce Courtenay but still brings a warm feeling :-), definitely on my recomended reading list.
      Is that the same film I'm thinking of with Stephen Dorff and Morgan Freeman? If so, that film is outstanding, and never fails to move me. When little PK gets bullied, I just want to clout the bigger boys. And the grown-up bully is played by none other than a young(ish) Daniel Craig.

Comment

• G60dubber

That's the one, didn't realise it was 007 in his early days though as it's a while since I last watched it.

Comment

• Jenni

I'm a bit of a film geek really, and one day, my useless knowledge will come in handy. Get me on a game show and I'll kick some butt, ha ha.

Comment

• Chris

Just watched Hachi a dogs tale, what a great film, definatley brings a tear to you eye!

Comment

• Jenni

Oh, I'm a total sucker for movies about animals. Homeward Bound made me cry like a baby, and it still does every time I watch it even though I know what happens.
              When I was a kid, I remember a film called 'The Dog That Stopped The War' (I think!). It was about two groups of boys who built snow forts every year and always fought against one another. But their dog crawls under the fort to get away from the fighting, and the fort collapses and the dog died. My parents had to sit me down and explain that they didn't actually kill a dog but I was just heart-broken and cried for hours over it!

Comment

• Chris

My gf wont watch any to do with dogs since she watched "my dog skip" i think thats what its called well she only needs see a dog walking down street on its own and she starts crying! I never forget one christmas eve, we were lay in bed ready go sleep and she heard a dog barking outside, 2 mins later she was in sheds of tears saying its going to be cold on its own outside!
                For the record, she treats our dog like a baby.

Comment

• Jenni

My boyfriend treats our cat like a baby, and even holds it like one sometimes! He's very cute but has a tendency to try and boss us around when he wants feeding or to be let out the front door, lol.

Comment

• Arthur

Just been to see The Kings Speech - absolutely brilliant, ironically can equate with Bulbur, don't miss it.
                    Now to find a speech trainer.
                    Art

Comment

• Jenni

I'm curious about the Kings Speech really. Although I think its cut a lot of the real history of George, I'd like to see the performances rather than the film. I don't know if that makes much sense, but I'm a fan of Helena Bonham Carter, and obviously Hollywood is drooling over Colin Firth right now so he must have done something right.

Comment

• Arthur

Tonight (Thursday) at 9.00 BBC2 is an original documentary on George VI and his speech problem etc

Comment

• G60dubber

Found out new Masterchef starts next Wed, loooks like they're doing it in the same format as the Australian version too. Can't wait, it's so addictive :-)

Comment

• SGD

Really enjoyed "The Fighter" film

Comment

• Chris

Originally posted by SGD View Post
                              Really enjoyed "The Fighter" film
                              Totally agree with that, great film.

Comment

• Jenni

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                                Totally agree with that, great film.
                                I third that, it was a great film and they reckon Christian Bale will get an Oscar for his role.

Comment

Working...
                                X