No announcement yet.

The Film Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes thought he was a bit "showy" then saw the original character and realised his mannerisms are absolutely spot on

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni View Post
      I'm curious about the Kings Speech really. Although I think its cut a lot of the real history of George, I'd like to see the performances rather than the film. I don't know if that makes much sense, but I'm a fan of Helena Bonham Carter, and obviously Hollywood is drooling over Colin Firth right now so he must have done something right.
      I see what you mean Jenni - I had a lot of "speech therapy" lessons when I was a child (for a variety of reasons) so I really want to see the "nitty gritty" rather than "that nice Colin Firth"

Comment

Just been given 2 boxes full off DVD's off my sister that were my late brother inlaws, plenty to keep me going for a good while
        Last edited by Chris; 23 March 2011, 18:26. Reason: cant type!

Comment

Just watched hot tub time machine, silly but still quite funny. Also watched robin hood with russel crowe in yesterday, good but not what i expected.

Ive also just recieved my CEA card thanks to a link posted on here

Comment

Watched Devil and jackass 3D. Devil was pretty good for what seemed a fairly low budget movie, as for jackass, they are just nutters!

Watching Pacific that i had on sky+ for a while, seems a good series.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
              Watched Devil and jackass 3D. Devil was pretty good for what seemed a fairly low budget movie, as for jackass, they are just nutters!

Watching Pacific that i had on sky+ for a while, seems a good series.
              You've watched a whole lot of stuff I've not seen yet, Chris. I've been addicted to Dexter... half way through the fourth season now.

Are you through the two boxes you got given yet?

Robyn

Comment

Nowhere near through em yet plenty of time yet. Never watched Dexter, is it any good?

Comment

Went to see To Kill a Mocking Bird yesterday. Very scratched and not very good sound, but still a brilliant film! Gregory Peck as Atticus Finch - what an actor.

Hilary

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                    Nowhere near through em yet plenty of time yet. Never watched Dexter, is it any good?
                    I love Dexter... never met anyone who's watched a whole series that isn't an addict! I've seen all five seasons and am rewatching them all the way through for the third time. Definitely prefer the TV show to the books.

Enjoy the long weekend, Chris

Robyn

Comment

Watched Insidious at the cinema with polly last night, didnt enter my head that it was orange wednesdays! plus new X Men realeased, it was chocca block, que's out the door! luckily i had my CEA card which with a quick show to a member of staff got us straight to front quite a few unhappy faces and unpleasant stares but who cares one small perk to being ill.
                      Anyway the film was pretty good but i did feel it got a bit silly towards the end, plenty of parts made me jump out of my skin! i have noticed though that i am very jumpy, since my MND has moved on ive got more and more jumpy, even when i am expecting something to happen, a load noise, the dog barking, even when someone shouts me when im engrossed in the tv lol. I think if someone had video'd me in the cinema last night it would make a good promotional video.

Comment

Off to imax in manchester watching Pirates of The Carribean 4 tomorrow with my dad and close friend, should be good

Comment

I never get the 3D effect

Comment

Went to see the X Men prequel tonight & really enjoyed it. Now I need to catch up on all the other ones - haven't seen them as I thought they would be crass. Have been converted!! Btw, have a cinema card that let's a carer go free. With disabled parking am a very cheap date!

Comment

Watched Paul the other night, really enjoyed it, i think simon pegg and nick frost are great together.

Comment

I just watched Harry Potter 7 part 2 a couple of nights back and it was a great feeling. This is actually one of my most favorite movie and book series of all time. That is why I did not let it pass.

I can't say much about the technicalities of it but it was in general a great movie. Though some would say that parts of the book was not included but that is just the way it is. If you want to get the book version, then read the book. This is just the movie adaptation so you would not expect everything to be there.

Comment

Working...
                                X