No announcement yet.

Hello there πŸ˜ƒ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GaryM Blimey Gary, they're big machines by the looks of it! You could almost attach a shower to it and you'd solve a problem or two πŸ˜‚

Will you sell it/get rid of it once restrictions ease?

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
      GaryM

Will you sell it/get rid of it once restrictions ease?

Love Ellie.
      Yes, hopefully. I also have amongst other things, an engine crane. Bought to lift the milling machine onto a bench. Looks like the attached picture. I thought this might come in handy for lifting me out of bed in the future. 😁😁😁

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

Originally posted by GaryM View Post
        I thought this might come in handy for lifting me out of bed in the future.
        You're not wrong there! It's not that much different to my hoist 😏
        ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
        Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Gary you must have a big garage to get that lot in. Can't you get someone to sell it for You?

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post
            Gary you must have a big garage to get that lot in. Can't you get someone to sell it for You?
            It was supposed to be my dream workshop, when we moved here two years ago. Ready for many happy years pottering in retirement. Yet another casualty of this b^$t^Β£d illness.

Comment

Stephen had the same dream. Now it's just a nightmare. It's so unfair. 😦

Comment

I do sympathise Gary. I have the same problem over woodworking machinery.

Is there a school or college or model engineering club that might be interested in the milling machine?

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Carpenter View Post

Is there a school or college or model engineering club that might be interested in the milling machine?

Doug
                  It can stay where it is until spring now, Doug. Then if the Covid situation has improved I'll have a go at selling it. I've got relatives who'll help getting rid of it, but only me who knows what the bits are and what they're worth. I donated a model steam engine that was awaiting rebuilding, to a local steam museum of which I'm a supporter/member.

I think the whole de-cluttering thing is about not leaving your partner a load of stuff to sort out, to ease their burden.

Comment

Well done to you... Let it all go... When I sold my lovely ❀️ forever car I said thank you to it for all the happy times we shared. I still smile when I think of it and I am so glad someone else has it. I felt awful when it was parked up outside on the drive. It is One of the best things I have done
                    I have the ability to cope with this and I can still be the best person I can be. This is my life - if I am happy others around me are happy too

Comment

Jeanette that is so sad. Looking at it sitting there probably was just a reminder. Funny how we get attached to them. I had a maverick that I loved driving but decided I didn't feel confident driving anymore. When my car was sold, it went off to Russia believe it or not, and I made up my mind I wouldn't be driving again. Now it looks like I have no option πŸ˜•

Comment

I sold my car to my next-door neighbour about a month ago after it had hardly been used all summer. Now it gets washed once a week rather than the twice a year it got from me.

Comment

People still wash their cars once a week I remember being out on the road helping my dad wash the car, chrome cleaner on bumper and other parts. Every Sunday morning. Now it's like cleaning eucalyptus pollen off and dust and goodness knows what else so we can see out. Probably once a year πŸ˜„ also leaving the muck on disguises the fact that driving on the wrong side of the road and sitting on the wrong side of the car is harder than we thought. In other words we are missing some paint 😁

Comment

Working...
                          X