• denise
    replied
    I know home is where your family and friends are. 😁

Leave a comment:

• GaryM
    replied
    Originally posted by denise View Post
    I really think we need to be home.
    The fact that you're calling it home tells you all you need to know.

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    I really think we need to be home.

Leave a comment:

• Jeanette Pearce
    replied
    Sending you hope and motivation to move back home xx

Leave a comment:

• Heather R
    replied
    HI Denise, bet you were filled with such excitement and hope 9 or 10 years ago, and I can imagine moving back to UK will/would be a huge challenge (but worth it?). All the best in whatever you decide x

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    I know they are all scratching their heads 😘

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    I was born in Sunderland ☺
    You’re a Mackem and I am a Tackem and I suspect everyone is wondering what is he going on about.

Barry x

Leave a comment:

• Suefromwakey
    replied
    Hey up lads n lasses

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    I was born in Sunderland ☺

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    I can recommend northern England, great people πŸ˜„

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Debbie you described it exactly how I feel. The only contact we had was a young woman who came to check Stephen was ok with his bipap machine. She spoke good English and I thought at last if there are problems I can ask her to phone for me. We haven't seen her in weeks even though she is supposed to come every month. The whole upheaval of moving back is daunting. Moving here we had the excitement and our health and 9-10 years younger. We know it will be difficult to sell our property and no idea where we will go. I don't exactly see us moving in with our children. It all seems such a big mess.
    love to you all
    Denise xx

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied
    Hi Denise,

I really feel for you coping with Stephen's diagnosis without the support of professionals and your family and friends. You must feel very isolated and alone .. although you're not alone on here.

i was in hospital in Spain in January and it was very scary because of the language barrier. My Spanish is more rubbish than i thought in spite of years of lessons. We used Google to translate and my consultant e mailed notes but it was still stressful. It really gave me an insight into how people with MND communication difficulties have to cope in hospital. After my husband broke me out ( I'm still not sure what I signed !) we had to stay in Spain for another 6 weeks and I felt very vulnerable, even though we have friends there and family visited.

It must feel like you have a huge mountain to climb to get home because there will be so much for you to sort but you can't continue feeling so isolated.

Im thinking of you and sending especially big hugs,
    Love Debbie x

Leave a comment:

• Suefromwakey
    replied
    Denise let us know what you do, have a look at today's post about hospice, someone had a lovely hand foot massage yesterday - Stephen might like that!
    Convince him,

best wishes

Sue

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Thank you everyone. I know you are all right. Things are just going to get worse here and I know I'm not going to be able to cope. I don't know what I would have done without all of you to talk to. You don't know how much it means.
    πŸ˜—

Leave a comment:

• GaryM
    replied
    Hi Mary
    no we don't have anyone. We're in Portugal. I don't have anyone close to talk to. No support whatsoever.
    Not strictly true denise , you do have us lot. Only joking. I tend to agree with Sue about getting back to England, though. I'd feel completely lost in another country.

There is so much understanding and compassion in this thread.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎