No subject

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No subject

This thread is for everyone to say whatever and not about recognition or reward. Just say whatever you like and maybe this forum will stir to life. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Šx
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Does anyone remember their good old days at junior school. I remember good times playing cricket in the playground with the wickets chalked on the wall. Crazy games of football with coats for goal posts and about 20 a side with no one really knowing which way they were supposed to be kicking the ball. Then there were the great days of walking to school in pea soup fog so thick you didn’t know where the road was. Oh and the snow up to the top of the wellies. Feet so wet you had to take your socks off at school and put them on the giant radiators to dry. Nothing stopped us from being sent to the building of learning. Sadly non of this would be allowed now πŸ™„

matthew55 Good thread

Comment

Thanks, one memory from one of several school was being expected to swim in an out door pool in the middle of the winter πŸ˜†
      Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
        This thread is for everyone to say whatever and not about recognition or reward.
        Mate, it saddens me that you think people post on this Forum for recognition or reward... 😧

​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
        Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

It's not what you think. It's here for people who maybe don't have the knowledge or experience of most of the posts.
          I love everyone since I discovered that hating someone takes just as much emotion as love. I also now dislike people who have. πŸ˜‡

Comment

Hate not have πŸ€”x

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
              It's here for people who maybe don't have the knowledge or experience of most of the posts.
              OK, noted - FOE.
              ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
              Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Ellie I can take whatever if it comes from my friends. πŸ™‚x

Comment

Okay Matthew I’ll give it a go,
                  Xmas socks what’s the point of them, my wife buys them every year for me and I never wear them, it’s too late on Christmas Day
                  As long as there’s golf and beer I’m happy

Comment

I remember waking up to wonderful ice patterns on the inside of the windows and scraping them with our fingers and mum shouting at me and my brother because the glass would break.
                    heavy snow in the 60s and us kids clearing a path in the snow around the block.
                    standing on the frozen duck pond and coming home with cold wet feet. Mum putting plastic bags round our hands and feet because we were running out of dry socks and gloves.
                    the biggest strip of ice across the school playground and everyone taking turns. Bet it wouldn't be allowed now.
                    being sent home from school because the boiler had broken down.
                    walking with my dad carefully down a slight drop in the pavement towards the underpass and my poor dad falling over. Not being able to help him up for laughing. πŸ˜„
                    when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

This is different. Talking about stiff necks and the need to replace pillows. Has anyone bought a pillow that has stayed puffy? I buy them they seem nice and snuggly without having no support and within no time I've got something that resembles a flat nothing!

Comment

denise have you tried putting a nice new fluffy pillow in a good quality pillow protector before putting the pillow case on. It seems to help for some reason πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Comment

I will give it a go. I never know what to do with all the useless pillows

Comment

The past is gone forever, the future hasn't happened so now is all that what counts.

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post
                              This is different. Talking about stiff necks and the need to replace pillows. Has anyone bought a pillow that has stayed puffy? I buy them they seem nice and snuggly without having no support and within no time I've got something that resembles a flat nothing!
                              Hi Denise, I bought a couple of these they are brill, no plumping they just puff back up 😊 Janette x
                              Attached Files
                              Janette x

Comment

Working...
                              X