Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denise View Post
    Here's a question I'd like to ask. Mnd, and other things I suppose, can come from a faulty gene. So what causes a faulty gene?
    Could this virus cause faulty genes or am I going down the wrong track? πŸ€”
    Knock yourself out here, denise

https://kidshealth.org/en/teens/gene...disorders.html
    Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

Thanks so if the environment can cause genetic changes then the virus could?
      when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

No answer πŸ€”

Comment

No answer πŸ€”
          Not from me, denise. I probably know less than you about genes now. I was just trying to be helpful.

Comment

It's ok I just thought someone might know.

Comment

Anyone stockpiling anything interesting? I heard on sky news that lettuce, oranges and lemons are flying off the shelves.

Comment

Anyone stockpiling anything interesting? I heard on sky news that lettuce, oranges and lemons are flying off the shelves.
                Might be a rough Christmas for tortoises then. Regarding stockpiling, I've got enough Ensure milk shakes to survive until February. πŸ˜‰

Comment

I never thought about tortoises but then they should be hibernating. Well at least you are ok. Do you still eat or just tube it?

Comment

denise Phew for a moment there I thought you were going to mention stockpiling something important like cider πŸΊπŸ˜‰

Comment

We've never had food shortages here. I think UK has become too dependent on the rest of Europe for food.
                      oh I have a tree full of oranges. I forget they grow in the garden. No lemons though.
                      πŸ’πŸŠπŸ‹

Comment

I never thought about tortoises but then they should be hibernating. Well at least you are ok. Do you still eat or just tube it?
                        I'm still eating, denise. Just flushing tube at the moment. But I could survive drinking milk shakes.

Comment

Faulty genes cause MND Denise. We inherit our genes from our parents so they are with us pre-birth. Lynne
                          Last edited by Lynne K; 6 January 2021, 13:08.
                          ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Christmas we always used to go back to stay with my grandparents. My mum and dad always went out Christmas eve and nan would babysit us. So we knew that if mum and dad are in bed we could sneak downstairs and see what Santa had left us. We could hear them snoring so we made our escape out of the bedroom and down the stairs. Only to meet grandad coming to bed in his long john's. πŸ˜„πŸ˜‰πŸŽ…β›„

Comment

Sadly we can't all have good memories of Christmas. I remember one year my alcoholic father brought a tramp he found on the way home from the pub and sat him at our Christmas table. Happy Days πŸ™‚x
                              Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

One part of me went omg how horrible. Then another part of me thought what a kind act. Ohhh i think taking the guy a plate of food might have been enough. I would like to ban alcohol but i dont imagine that would ever happen. 😘

Comment

Working...
                                X